Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Week
A Week
Anybody on facebook that gives a damn, A week starts at midnight tonight so change your avatar to an A or the great Atheismo will take his wrath out on you.
RE: A Week
(March 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm)Phil Wrote: Anybody on facebook that gives a damn, A week starts at midnight tonight so change your avatar to an A or the great Atheismo will take his wrath out on you.

I like the idea but it would require me to re-activate my Facebook account. Big Grin
What's A week?
(March 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm)Napoleon Wrote: What's A week?

I'm assuming it's Atheist week. I didn't understand at first either :/ I just thought it was a week out of the year.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
(March 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm)Napoleon Wrote: What's A week?

The one week every year that comes before B week Smile

No really it is a celebration of Nathaniel Hawthorne's book The Scarlet Letter and a way we identify with Hester Prynne.

A week is the week that some Atheists on facebook change their avatar to an A. Generally it is the scarlet A but rebels like me use a blue one.
(March 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm)Phil Wrote: Anybody on facebook that gives a damn, A week starts at midnight tonight so change your avatar to an A or the great Atheismo will take his wrath out on you.

Um,actually,the first day of the week is Sunday.
(March 17, 2012 at 6:54 pm)padraic Wrote:

Um,actually,the first day of the week is Sunday.

And what day is it after midnight?
Phil...we ARE in Australia mate...about one day in-front of you? Big Grin

Sunday is today for us after midnight will be Monday...hence padraic's comment?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 17, 2012 at 11:26 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Phil...we ARE in Australia mate...about one day in-front of you? Big Grin

Well it starts TONIGHT after midnight as I said. Apparently the organizers are in the USA. Padraic was just being pedantic for the sake of being argumentative which isn't really an endearing quality.
(March 17, 2012 at 11:29 pm)Phil Wrote:
(March 17, 2012 at 11:26 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Phil...we ARE in Australia mate...about one day in-front of you? Big Grin

Well it starts TONIGHT after midnight as I said. Apparently the organizers are in the USA. Padraic was just being pedantic for the sake of being argumentative which isn't really an endearing quality.

Neither is jumping all over us Southern Hemispherians Mr Grumpy gills Big Grin

It does get very confusing when people say "today" "tonight" and I don't know where on this rock they live. Nothing has come up on any of the FB Atheist pages as yet.... meh.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone listen to atheist experience this week? Won2blv 12 4076 November 25, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical