Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Microscope made from an SLR + Lenses
A Microscope made from an SLR + Lenses
This is pretty cool...

http://imgur.com/a/X7mDj

Edit: This isn't mine; I found it on reddit.
RE: A Microscope made from an SLR + Lenses
hmmm...nice rig you got set up. I gained just a tad bit of respect for you...I never knew you were the artsy type.
I didn't make it. Found it on reddit.
(March 24, 2012 at 10:31 am)Tiberius Wrote: I didn't make it. Found it on reddit.

Ah...well, regardless, its still pretty cool.

Wanna see something else cool? check out the "trench radio"

http://bizarrelabs.com/foxhole.htm

I made one of these in my electrical apprenticeship.

[Image: foxhole4.gif]

No power source required.
Actually, reversing a telephoto lens to obtain high magnification for close-in shot use to be a well known practice in photography during the 60-70s. Nikon use to sell a dedicated accessory for this exact purpose. It has a F lens mount on one end for mounting on their cameras, and 58mm filter thread on the other for screwing into the front of their lenses.

But it appears that, with the advent of electronically assisted cameras, such clever tricks to make the most of solid equipment fell by the way side as people instead focus on getting the latest equipment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the most absurd error message a program you have made was outputting? FlatAssembler 38 3818 June 14, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  A Day Made Of Glass Erinome 16 4906 October 3, 2011 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious