Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do?
What do you do?
A Christian walks up to you and asks for a donation to their church. What do you do? Argue
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation. - A dusty old book that I found that must be completely true because someone wrote it down.
RE: What do you do?
Say no; i say to the homeless all day long. No problem saying it to anyone else, either.
I give them my two cents...metaphorically.
Writer for Deity Shmeity
I say no and walk on, the same way I always do when someone approaches me asking for money. When I give to charity, I do it on my own terms and in my own way... And I choose a chariity that means something to me.
Erm, if it's my village church Christians, i'd hand over some dosh, it's a beautiful countryside church, and they're nice, trustworthy people, so i know the money would be well spent.

If it's a Jehovah's Witness selling that rag, they can GTFO of my face.
Make them witness to the one true miracle..

Just kidding I decline politely. If they press the matter I ask them to sell all there churches before asking me for money.
I would tell them I'm a muslim and move on.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Paul took the words out of my mouth.

Now I feel as redundant as a fifth wheel on a trolley. Big Grin
I just tell them no. I don't feel the need to exert my atheism for every little thing. Now if they asked why then I'd tell them I don't believe in their shit.
Tell them: "My no speaka englash"