Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raw Nature
Raw Nature
What happens when three wild Cheetahs catch an Impala.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...stead.html

Astonishing, truly astonishing.

It appears animals have more integrity than most people.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
RE: Raw Nature
So it would seem. They weren't hungry and were young. Just wait until they ARE hungry and that Impala is on the menu... Chomp! Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
In all probability, they were honing their hunting skills.

Animals in the wild train and practice like that all the time, sometimes they'll catch something not worth their time and let it go. No different from the fisherman who throws back the little guppies he occasionally catches.
Quote:Let's hope it didn't tell all its friends how nice those big, scarylooking cheetahs really are when you get to know them.

lol
Undoubtedly when they are hungry they'll kill it without a moments regret.

But the thing is that this time, because they weren't hungry they didn't.

Unlike humans, who kill for the mere sport of it.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 28, 2012 at 8:03 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Unlike humans, who kill for the mere sport of it.

I was working at a house last week and they have trophy heads everywhere.. Its disgusting..

I'm sure they were good christians tho..
(March 28, 2012 at 8:05 am)Insanity x Wrote:
(March 28, 2012 at 8:03 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Unlike humans, who kill for the mere sport of it.

I was working at a house last week and they have trophy heads everywhere.. Its disgusting..

I'm sure they were good christians tho..

What you doing??

But yeah..good little xtians that have such a value for life! Hypocrites! Angry Still they are only bipedal life forms descended from apes so what can one expect?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 28, 2012 at 8:07 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: What you doing??

Cleaning their windows Tongue
Let's hope this little impala doesn't misinterpret this interaction as all cheetahs are going to be this nice. Still pretty damn cute though.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Animals are sport-killers as well (ignoring the fact that we are animals in the first place). I've never understood the distaste people have for other people hunting. It isn't exactly a talent we developed for sport, and to you it may seem pointless but the time we've been able to exist without hunting is a small drop of our overall experience here. Let's take a moment to wonder what a lion would do with all of it's free time if it were in our shoes. I'm willing to wager that any predator would continue to be a predator even when the immediate need for this aspect of itself had been reduced.

If you like wildlife, and you live in the US, but have something against hunting and hunters, you need to brush up on the Pittmann-Robertson and Dingell-Johnson Acts. Hunters and fishermen are the largest and most reliable financial contributors to wildlife conservation in the U.S. (and have been since 1937). You see, money spent on hunting goes to the animals involved, money spent on documentaries and tours (because they're just so goddamned cute) does not.

Hunters want nice big forests to house nice big healthy populations of trophy animals. Hunters want effective game management so that they can enjoy their sport, and effective game management includes predation. Hunters spend an absurd amount of money on optics so they can watch these animals (this money, that other people who do not hunt also spend, to animal watch, is not covered under these acts strangely). They're just as fond of deer as the guy who wants to keep deer from being hunted. Hard-line conservationists would be fast friends with hunters if they were interested in more than a kneejerk "save the cuddlies" platform.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Nature was able to understand what we need. RayOfLight 30 3509 October 14, 2017 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  On the nature, reliability and abuses of memory. Whateverist 7 1249 August 29, 2016 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Sleep patterns. Nature or Nurture? ignoramus 19 1978 July 6, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Nature: Does evolutionary theory need a rethink? Dolorian 10 4062 October 12, 2014 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Chas
  Is there any benefit to raw milk vs pasteurized milk? TaraJo 61 10251 February 19, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: James2014
  Precision in Nature: Evidence of God or Accidents? Alter2Ego 20 8223 August 13, 2013 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Something completely different
  Women and Nature KichigaiNeko 18 7251 August 4, 2012 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused