Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
String 'm up!
String 'm up!
Quote:Supreme Court Ruling Allows Strip-Searches for Any Arrest

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday ruled by a 5-to-4 vote that officials may strip-search people arrested for any offense, however minor, before admitting them to jails even if the officials have no reason to suspect the presence of contraband.

Read NYT article here.

Any political 'election' is a sham if 'justice' is determined by doddering, arteriosclerotic fascist appointees for life!
RE: String 'm up!
Yes, there is a working 5-4 nazi majority on the court. No matter how many bodies pile up they think the fucking cops can do no wrong.

"Law and Order" run amok.
It's a license to badger, bully, and humiliate any citizen, or non-citizen, at whim without 'reasonable' suspicion, or judicial recourse.

I guess it'll do wonders for tourism.
Wow. That is horrible. Do they not realize that police are going to abuse it??? I wonder what rights they will take away next... Deadpan
Perhaps I'm missing something here, but there's the part about "...before admitting them to jails" that makes this a non-issue for me.

The police can strip search you before putting you in jail? Whoda thunk it?
Leave it to Borowitz to put this in proper perspective.

Quote:In Controversial Decision, Supreme Court Replaces Annual Physicals with Strip Searches
Major Expansion of Police Officers’ Role

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – In a stunning decision on the future of healthcare in America, the Supreme Court decided today that annual physicals were unconstitutional and should be replaced by random strip searches conducted by the nation’s police.

The decision, which appeared to expand the role of the police to include such duties as performing breast and prostate exams, took many in both the healthcare and law enforcement communities by surprise.

Writing for the majority, Justice Antonin Scalia wrote, “While the Constitution makes no provisions for healthcare, it explicitly defends the people’s right to form militias; clearly, the Founders believed that if anyone should be looking up our asses it shouldn’t be a doctor, but someone with a gun.”

By replacing annual checkups with random strip searches, the Court raised worries in the healthcare community that patients would not get the care they need, but those concerns were brushed aside by Justice Samuel Alito.

“Ultimately, the responsibility to secure adequate medical attention falls to the citizen,” he said. “When a policeman is searching his body cavities, for example, it’s up to the citizen to say, ‘There’s a mole I’d like you to look at.’”

Justice Clarence Thomas wrote that he was personally ready for a random strip search/exam at any moment, adding, “I’ve got nothing on under this robe.”
I doubt the police would want to give anyone a prostate exam. That would really test the long arm of the law.
tobie Wrote:I doubt the police would want to give anyone a prostate exam. That would really test the long arm of the law.

Arm? What are you an elephant?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 3, 2012 at 5:11 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
tobie Wrote:I doubt the police would want to give anyone a prostate exam. That would really test the long arm of the law.

Arm? What are you an elephant?

I just have really complicated biology Tongue
(April 3, 2012 at 3:11 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Perhaps I'm missing something here, but there's the part about "...before admitting them to jails" that makes this a non-issue for me.

The police can strip search you before putting you in jail? Whoda thunk it?

Then the shower boys will probe for the better hidden contraband. That's the way I heard it.