Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destruction of Jerusalem in 70CE
Destruction of Jerusalem in 70CE
Can anyone please direct me to a thread that discusses the "Destruction of Jerusalem in 70CE" topic in more detail. X-tians use this as the "evidence" of the fulfilment of one of the prophecies.

I tried the search feature on this forum, but it returns too many results.
RE: Destruction of Jerusalem in 70CE
Here's one of the threads that I found on the topic of your request. A banned member named Daystar talks about this in the first and second pages.

Most accurate prophecies EVAR! xD
I don't recall any discussion related solely to that. What did you want to know?

(April 17, 2012 at 12:31 am)Minimalist Wrote: I don't recall any discussion related solely to that. What did you want to know?

Min, thanks. I understand that the destruction of Jerusalem was a hoax prophecy. Some point out that the "fulfilment of the prophecy" passages in the bible were actually written after 70CE. Others mention that Jerusalem has been devastated on many occasions and the destruction in 70CE was just a coincidence. Most convincing arguments, however, are that it was all a big lie of the Roman Empire.

I am currently doing a research on this and would like some good citations to support my ideas.

It's fairly easy to dismiss Josephus on this point as he claims the entire city was leveled and then in the next sentence goes on to say except for some towers...and the walls...and the garrison that was left behind ( Legio X ) to guard the place. The fires would have destroyed the interiors of the buildings and the roofs. One imagines that an area near the Gihon Spring was cleaned up for the Xth legion to build its camp and the rest of the ruins sat there as a warning.

The thing is, ole jesus doesn't say that the city will be burned down - he is alleged to claim that not one stone will remain upright and in 135 AD at the behest of Hadrian this actually did come about. The Romans leveled off the site, tamped down the rubble and built a proper city on the site...not some barbarian piece of shit as had existed before.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/aelia.htm

But your problem is that you are dealing with some shithead who believes in prophecy so telling him that this shit was written after the fact is not going to impress him one bit. You cannot impress idiots with facts. They are impervious to reality.

I always laugh my ass off every easter when they show mobs of idiot xtians crawling along the so called Via Dolorosa on their fucking knees because they think that is where jesus walked. Meanwhile, Israeli archaeologists like Ronny Reich and Eli Shukron are 30 feet below them excavating the ruins of the actual first century city.

You can always tell a xtian....but you can't tell him much, you know.

Destruction of Jerusalem?
Who would ever use a single slug to destroy that piece of sand?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?