Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian? Please Specify.
Christian? Please Specify.
For my fellow Christians, could you please update your profiles and tags to more specifically identify your theological perspective, e.g. Reformed, Southern Baptist, Evangelical, Lutheran, etc.? That would help us interact better and understand each other's perspectives better.
RE: Christian? Please Specify.
As a High Priest of the Church of the Yogage, I can tell you that it does not matter. Yogage is the truth. Only through the Gospels of Sblob and Fistage can you see the true way.
Cunt
(April 30, 2012 at 12:59 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: For my fellow Christians, could you please update your profiles and tags to more specifically identify your theological perspective, e.g. Reformed, Southern Baptist, Evangelical, Lutheran, etc.? That would help us interact better and understand each other's perspectives better.

I'm a True Christian ™. You know, the ones who got it right. As opposed to the ones who got it wrong.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
I would be interested to see what measuring method is used assessing what a True Christian™ is! Violin
(April 30, 2012 at 1:21 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I would be interestd to see what measuring method is used assessing what a True Christian™ is! Violin

A Christian who agrees with me. Duh!
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

I completely agree, its like trying to hit a moving target.

"Your argument is wrong because you don't understand the bible, Hell is not a real place, its metaphorical for the absence of God"
"Your argument is wrong because you don't understand the bible, Hell is a real place, full of fire and brimstone for your heathen soul!!!!!?!?"
"Your argument is wrong because you don't understand the bible, Hell refers to the state of your own soul"
"Your argument is wrong because you don't understand the bible, Hell means your soul is mortal until God grants it immortality"

Its difficult to have a rational argument against someone, it is unfair to expect a non-believer to understand the subtle differences between hundreds of different sects, and downright petty and arrogant to then berate them for not understanding what your sect believes.

It would be quite helpful.. but then, it seems all christians believe they are the true christian™
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(April 30, 2012 at 2:42 pm)NoMoreFaith Wrote: I completely agree, its like trying to hit a moving target.

"Your argument is wrong because you don't understand the bible, Hell is not a real place, its metaphorical for the absence of God"
"Your argument is wrong because you don't understand the bible, Hell is a real place, full of fire and brimstone for your heathen soul!!!!!?!?"
"Your argument is wrong because you don't understand the bible, Hell refers to the state of your own soul"
"Your argument is wrong because you don't understand the bible, Hell means your soul is mortal until God grants it immortality"

All of them are wrong. Hell used to be the Jacobian word for "Sheol" from the OT, which only means "the grave". It seems prior to Jesus, all those souls just went to oblivion. Hell as we know it wasn't invented until Jesus, meek and mild, came along and needed a place to torture people who wouldn't love him back.

Quote:Its difficult to have a rational argument against someone...

Being a True Christian ™ has nothing to do with reason. A thinking mind is the Devil's playground.

Quote:It would be quite helpful.. but then, it seems all christians believe they are the true christian™

But only True Christians ™ like me are right.

(April 30, 2012 at 12:59 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: For my fellow Christians, could you please update your profiles and tags to more specifically identify your theological perspective, e.g. Reformed, Southern Baptist, Evangelical, Lutheran, etc.? That would help us interact better and understand each other's perspectives better.
How? You'll all end up disagreeing with each other anyway.

Meh, I couldn't care less what people identify themselves as anymore, fuck religious beliefs across the board, they bore the snot out of me.

What about the Jews?
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
(April 30, 2012 at 4:15 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote:

What about the Jews?
That would apply as well although I have seen any Jewish oriented posts, yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1013 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2770 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89324 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christians: Please Explain Aractus 43 9806 December 10, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Photo Christian Memes/Pics Because Reasons -- Please add your favorites stop_pushing_me 29 13705 September 23, 2015 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Please Explain Shuffle 26 5863 August 26, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Shuffle
  By all means, please take Christianity seriously Cato 13 3763 June 6, 2015 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Christians: Please explain the Exodus Aractus 274 21184 October 3, 2014 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please! Jenny A 100 25400 September 9, 2014 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
Question Looking For Another Christian (please ignore if you are not a believer. Revelation777 212 23818 August 2, 2014 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Cyberman