Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 5:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen King on American Taxes
Stephen King on American Taxes
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...-sake.html

Quote:Here’s another crock of fresh bullshit delivered by the right wing of the Republican Party (which has become, so far as I can see, the only wing of the Republican Party): the richer rich people get, the more jobs they create. Really? I have a total payroll of about 60 people, most of them working for the two radio stations I own in Bangor, Maine. If I hit the movie jackpot—as I have, from time to time—and own a piece of a film that grosses $200 million, what am I going to do with it? Buy another radio station? I don’t think so, since I’m losing my shirt on the ones I own already. But suppose I did, and hired on an additional dozen folks. Good for them. Whoopee-ding for the rest of the economy.
RE: Stephen King on American Taxes
Thats it.
rich people get rich by hanging on to their money.
Its poor people who spend all they have, keeping it in circulation.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Well, not Stephen King. In New England, he's known as a bit of a giver. Every so often, I read about some little league team or hospital that got a King windfall. Big Grin
Higher taxes create jobs. You raise taxes, the cheap asses re-invest their monies into their businesses to avoid the tax and grow instead. Didn't anyone pay attention to why the economy grew and unemployment shrunk under Clinton? Under his Presidency the rising taxes bought about 23 million jobs. Bush walked into an economy with a $250bn surplus, cut taxes massively put the country into deficit and had a recession. Why do the right wingers not acknowledge this. Oh, because the CEO's who donate to them want to pay themselves more, because lining your own pockets is all that matters to the fruitloops.
(May 1, 2012 at 1:47 pm)Shell B Wrote: Well, not Stephen King. In New England, he's known as a bit of a giver. Every so often, I read about some little league team or hospital that got a King windfall. Big Grin

And bill gates has given most of his fortune away, there are always exceptions.

But on the whole what i said holds true.

I saw somewhere that Bill Gates, if he hadn't given so much away, would be worth nearer $80bn now. Fucking amazing.
Who'da thought something good would come out of microsoft!

(May 1, 2012 at 1:49 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: And bill gates has given most of his fortune away, there are always exceptions.

But on the whole what i said holds true.

Oh, I completely agree.

You know the hitting it rich fantasies we peons tend to have? I always imagine myself hitting every toy store from here to the Boston Children's hospital and playing Santa Claus every day for a fucking month, though I know that hardly helps the masses. Who knows what I would really do.
I just googled peon. Excellent word Shell.
Thanks, 5th. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 887 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Gas and Go smoke em if you got em. Taxes. Brian37 25 1853 October 12, 2021 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1493 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1784 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  American imagery from movies from 90s and 80s Sweden83 8 1610 December 5, 2020 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 855 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  "The American Dream" is just a myth we tell ourselves Foxaèr 45 4251 April 20, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Anyone Else in America See Your Taxes Go Up? DeistPaladin 17 2395 April 12, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  I like that American left are miserable Snora 82 7102 March 24, 2019 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Saudi Arabia: the King has Alzehimer; forgetting words in front of camera WinterHold 27 2388 February 28, 2019 at 6:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger