Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is hope!!......
There is hope!!......
Link

Razor gang targets natural therapies subsidy......

NATURAL therapies such as aromatherapy, reiki and homeopathy will fall victim to the quest to return the budget to surplus, with the government no longer prepared to subsidise them.
Tuesday's budget will charge the Chief Medical Officer, Professor Chris Baggoley, with identifying a range of therapies that have not been shown to be clinically effective.

"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: There is hope!!......
My mother was drinking hydrogen peroxide for several months thanks to all of this homeopathic nonsense.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
thank fuck that there is some sense left, Kichi.

Fucking pseudobollocks. Few things make me as angry as stuff purported as science but without the statistical backup nor the backing of physicians.
Thank FSM. It's one thing to spread bullshit when you actually believe the shit, but an entirely different issue when you're making money off of people being sick by selling them something that you KNOW doesn't work.
[Image: the_economic_argument.png]
Homeopathy: A medical practice from 1795, because, you know...medical practices from 1795 are TOTALLY more effective than modern techniques. I openly mock people who use homeopathic "treatments." Doesn't earn me any friends from the people who use it but, really, would I WANT someone like that in my life? I think not.
(May 7, 2012 at 2:03 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Homeopathy: A medical practice from 1795, because, you know...medical practices from 1795 are TOTALLY more effective than modern techniques. I openly mock people who use homeopathic "treatments." Doesn't earn me any friends from the people who use it but, really, would I WANT someone like that in my life? I think not.

Homeopathic cures can be dangerous, if you forget to take a treatment you can suffer from an overdose! Tongue
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

As someone who has studied to become a nurse and now to become a pharmacist, I absolutely hate homeopathy. It's such a load of bullshit, that it isn't even funny. That someone dare to call homeopathic preparations "remedies" and sell it to sick people. Fuck no, I can't deny the placebo effect, but that is just so absolutely disgusting! "Water memory", my ass. Those quacks should learn some chemistry.. Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Science Denialism or False Hope? Tiberius 18 5962 June 18, 2012 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused