Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jehovahs Witness situation
Jehovahs Witness situation
Ok, well... as some of you may or may not know I opened the door to Jehovahs Witnesses the other week and kept them debating on the doorstep for an hour straight. They eventually left a pamphlet and ran away, I read it in its entirety. They came by same day, same time today and this time instead of bringing his young friend he brought his wife. I guess they were worried how I'd influence his little apprentice.

Anyway, debated for an hour again in which I tolerated their patronising tone with considerable reserve and among one of their arguements was that in some passage in the Bible, they didn't specify which, Jehovah tells his followers to basically dig holes outside their camps and take craps in them. Then cover and put poles where the holes had been to signify someone had taken a shit there. Obviously they didn't use those precise terms but anyway.

Their arguement was that this was God, through Jehovah, teaching his followers about cleanliness and how not to catch diseases. Bemused I asked them if it mentions germs or bacteria at any point. They basically, after much flip-floping, said no. I then asked them if it wasn't more likely that they just found the concept of leaving faeces on the floor of their home to just be unpleasent. They insisted it was God speaking through Jehovah. They then elaborated by saying the Egyptians washed their wounds with faeces while the followers did not. I asked them what happened to the Egyptians who did so, they said they became ill and died. I then asked them in exasperation if this couldn't of been considered sufficent evidence by the followers of Jehovah that to do the same would not be the best of ideas. Their response was one of barely masked irritation and polite denial.

The upshot is that their coming back same time, same day next week and have left a book called "What does the Bible really teach" in which they pointed out a specific bit for me to read. I find it amusing they have atributed my Atheism to me misunderstanding the Bible. Nevertheless, I will read the book in its entirety and take note of anything odd I find.

Thoughts? :-)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
RE: Jehovahs Witness situation
Get one of these installed inside your front door.

[Image: IndoorFireHose-non.jpg]

Or, if you prefer, get one of these:

[Image: Usafl_notes_.jpg]
Obviously this proves that the bible is true, otherwise there would be shit EVERYWHERE
(May 8, 2012 at 12:49 pm)Chuff Wrote: Obviously this proves that the bible is true, otherwise there would be shit EVERYWHERE

You obviously haven't been down my road.

Bloody dog owners.Angry

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

My friend had a problem with JWs. They kept coming back to his flat just to "chat" every week... so he got me to answer the door one time. They never returned. >:}
Cunt
(May 8, 2012 at 3:06 pm)frankiej Wrote: My friend had a problem with JWs. They kept coming back to his flat just to "chat" every week... so he got me to answer the door one time. They never returned. >:}

Were you nude?

Hah, almost... I opened the door in just my boxers and asked if they wanted to join me in my bedroom.
Cunt
JW's are kind of insane. My cousin is an ex JW (by force) and is now an atheist (by her own choice), and some of the stories she tells me are nuts! Everyone who does anything remotely away from what they do are apostates, and dog's rolling around in their own bile. Blah blah blah.. They know not to knock on my door, because I live in a dominant atheist household and they know not to bother with us, but they do pass out booklets at school, and I just shake my head and keep on walking. I've no reason to tell little old men how wrong they are, they'll die eventually and find out for themselves when jehovah doesn't come back and give them an eternity of greenery and wildlife. :p
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner.
(May 8, 2012 at 3:16 pm)jess_essential Wrote: they'll die eventually and find out for themselves when jehovah doesn't come back and give them an eternity of greenery and wildlife. :p

Well thats the sad thing.

When they die they just die, they will never ever know that I WAS RIGHT AND THEY WERE WRONG.

Well said, sir.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Active Pooter situation KUSA 2 659 December 1, 2016 at 6:00 am
Last Post: Mystical