Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus ultimatum
Jesus ultimatum
So I need some advice and I actually have no atheist friends to turn to. So my sister has had very bad relationship with her husband for the past 8 years and they have a 2 year old. The husband has always been mildly religious, but recently has been "saved again " and has so much control over my sister that she's following along whether or not she really believes it.
They currently live with my mother as they depend on eachother for financial reasons and so someone can always watch their child.
Well my sister and her husband recently broke up for about a month and now are working things out through Jesus.
The brother in law wants to move back in the home where his wife, child, and mother in law are, however, he said that unless my mother be "saved" she will have to move out or hebs not moving back in.
All our family is convinced he has used religion as a weapon against her family to control her even more.
What can I say to my brother in law to convince him he is being immoral?
RE: Jesus ultimatum
Nothing, hes an idiot and beyond reason...but I would tell him to go fuck himself....and jesus and stay the hell away.
Well, he certainly can't give your mom the boot. That's illegal, at least where I live.

FYI, I'm moving this thread, as this area is for forum related questions and problems. Big Grin
Tell him that religious extremism is not allowed in your mother's home. People are free to hold their own beliefs. He is not the religion police.
as the profound frankiej would say ... remove the head or destroy the brain

in all seriousness tho, it isn't him you need to talk to. it's your sister. get her to see him for what he's doing.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
Tell him the continued attachment of his dick to his torso depends on his being de-saved.
(May 15, 2012 at 7:51 pm)Shinton56 Wrote: So I need some advice and I actually have no atheist friends to turn to. So my sister has had very bad relationship with her husband for the past 8 years and they have a 2 year old. The husband has always been mildly religious, but recently has been "saved again " and has so much control over my sister that she's following along whether or not she really believes it.
They currently live with my mother as they depend on eachother for financial reasons and so someone can always watch their child.
Well my sister and her husband recently broke up for about a month and now are working things out through Jesus.
The brother in law wants to move back in the home where his wife, child, and mother in law are, however, he said that unless my mother be "saved" she will have to move out or hebs not moving back in.
All our family is convinced he has used religion as a weapon against her family to control her even more.
What can I say to my brother in law to convince him he is being immoral?

Ask him if he has any scriptural precedent for his demand or is he just trying to exercise control? If he can not produce any scriptural context (and he won't be able to) then know it is as you say and he is using religion as a weapon, and she should probably not be considering having him move back in anyway.
He said that he "knows"what he is doing is the right thing. Because he thinks it is wrong to live in the same home as someone who hasn't accepted Jesus. He knows very well that it would be very difficult for my mother to make it by on her own.
As far as my sister goes, she knows that it is wrong, but it seems as if she is acting like his puppet. I've known her her whole life and she's never been outwardly religious and I can tell she is very torn.
What's she got to be torn about? Whether she could do better than a nutjad who is trying to browbeat her very own mother?
(May 16, 2012 at 1:27 am)Shinton56 Wrote: He said that he "knows"what he is doing is the right thing.
So the question now becomes does his idea of "the right thing" superceed the bible's description of it? If no then He should have book Chapter and verse to justify his desision to expell His Mother in law from the house hold for not being a believer. If His righteousness does exceed what is found in the bible then he himself can not be counted amongest the believers and is in the same boat as he one he is trying to put out. John 13:34 k "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 l "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

1Tim 5: 8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Quote:As far as my sister goes, she knows that it is wrong, but it seems as if she is acting like his puppet. I've known her her whole life and she's never been outwardly religious and I can tell she is very torn.
Given to what has already been said she simply needs to choose between her "man" and her God/family.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7222 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7380 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist