Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 9:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pandeism
Pandeism
I was wondering if anyone here had an opinion on this particular idea.
RE: Pandeism
what would the difference be from pantheism? How do you define pantheism and pandeism?
My thoughts would be people need to stop making random shit up..
Pandeism is the belief that "god" became the universe, whereas Pantheism is the belief that "god" exists as the universe. Similar, but not quite identical.

Both examples of mental masterbation brought on by an over indulgence of philosobabble, in my opinion.
(May 16, 2012 at 1:31 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Both examples of mental masterbation brought on by an over indulgence of philosobabble, in my opinion.

Yes, but if you were to be a deist, doesn't Pandeism make more sense? Why would a creator make something and then just ignore it?
Pantheism always seemed to me like using God as a metaphor for the universe, In that sense pantheism is really a useless term. Heck I'd have no problem using God as a metaphor for the universe except that theists would go crazy over it.
Its solipsism, but with god.

It essentially argues that we're all god, we're just currently role-playing as humans for fun and drama. Kinda boggles my mind a little I have to admit.
Yeah that does seem a little strange... or a lot.
It's not necessarily like that though Welsh. We would still be an unintended consequence of creating the universe. Ultimately if a god did become the universe nothing would change, our lives would still be as meaningless as before.
(May 16, 2012 at 1:34 pm)Mosrhun Wrote:
(May 16, 2012 at 1:31 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Both examples of mental masterbation brought on by an over indulgence of philosobabble, in my opinion.

Yes, but if you were to be a deist, doesn't Pandeism make more sense? Why would a creator make something and then just ignore it?

Sure. I guess it does "make more sense" than Pantheism. I use quotes, because neither actually make sense to me. In both cases, nothing changes about the universe in which we find ourselves. In other words... "god" is irrelevant.

I see no reason to even consider that either option might be true.