Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I bought my dogs a bed each
I bought my dogs a bed each
Big bed for big dog,little bed for little dog:

[Image: DSCF1004.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1009.jpg]
RE: I bought my dogs a bed each
(May 25, 2012 at 1:04 am)padraic Wrote: Big bed for big dog,little bed for little dog:

Dogs are some of the best people I know. How old are yours? The larger one looks to be fairly old.

I also have two, one 13 years old and the other nearly 3 now. The young one -sitting on the bench- has some dingo in her by way of her heeler side. Her other half is the same breed as the older dog laying down. Does she look much like dogs you see there?

[Image: 6033555943_f70e9b7173.jpg]
Quote:Dogs are some of the best people I know. How old are yours? The larger one looks to be fairly old.

The big one,Shadow, is 9. The little one,Mimi, is 17. She sleeps a lot.

Your sitting dog looks mainly Blue Heeler to me. The other one looks very different,any Border Collie in them?

Don't see many dingoes or part dingoes as pets here due their nasty habit of killing small children (really)

A dingo is dog in the same way as as a fox or a wolf is a dog. The dingo is of the species canus lupus dingo,it's sub species of the grey wolf,canus lupus familiaris..

I prefer the company of my dogs to that of most humans.
Quote:A dingo is dog in the same way as as a fox or a wolf is a dog. The dingo is of the species canus lupus dingo,it's sub species of the grey wolf,canus lupus familiaris..

Certainly to the company of most creatards who couldn't read your first sentence without collapsing into a pile of gibberish about "kinds," and "floods" and their fucking "god."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soulhammers...otostream/

This is my little girl. I love her very much, but she is very stupid. :3
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(May 25, 2012 at 3:49 am)Annik Wrote: http://www.flickr.com/photos/soulhammers...otostream/

Lovely dog.

Shadow is has a lovely personality,but has never progressed much beyond 6 months, emotionally or intellectually. Probably why he sleeps in Mimi's bed rather than bigger one I bought for him.

Mimi is definitely smarter than my soon-to-be-ex brother in law, and has a much nicer personality.Cool Shades

Fark! I just noticed all that crap behind the combustion heater.Didn't know there was a 'behind' (I've only been 20 years) Perhaps I forgot. Might think about cleaning that out,if I don't forget..
(May 25, 2012 at 1:50 am)padraic Wrote:
Quote:Dogs are some of the best people I know. How old are yours? The larger one looks to be fairly old.

The big one,Shadow, is 9. The little one,Mimi, is 17. She sleeps a lot.

Your sitting dog looks mainly Blue Heeler to me. The other one looks very different,any Border Collie in them?

Don't see many dingoes or part dingoes as pets here due their nasty habit of killing small children (really)

A dingo is dog in the same way as as a fox or a wolf is a dog. The dingo is of the species canus lupus dingo,it's sub species of the grey wolf,canus lupus familiaris..

Dingoes, Wolves and Domestic Dogs can interbreed with each quite easily. However as far as I know there have been no proven dog/fox crossbreeds.
undefined
Oh, I'd read that the heeler was bred in part from dingos in order to better fit them to the rigors of working in your outback. I definitely would not want a wolf or part-wolf as a pet. If you just want to live with something wild it would be okay provided you had no kids about, but I actually enjoy having an interactive relationship with smart working breeds.

That is a quite an impressive age for the little guy already. I'm hoping my Fletcher will set some records. Best dog I ever had. Will hate to be without him. He is what is known here as an Australian Shepherd or just Aussie. They don't come from there at all though. They're an American breed less than a hundred years old. I think you're right about the presence of border collie in its make up. Not sure what else. They're very active but generally more sociablel with people, kids and other dogs than most borders and heelers I meet.
(May 25, 2012 at 5:33 am)padraic Wrote:
(May 25, 2012 at 3:49 am)Annik Wrote: http://www.flickr.com/photos/soulhammers...otostream/

Lovely dog.

Shadow is has a lovely personality,but has never progressed much beyond 6 months, emotionally or intellectually. Probably why he sleeps in Mimi's bed rather than bigger one I bought for him.

Mimi is definitely smarter than my soon-to-be-ex brother in law, and has a much nicer personality.Cool Shades

Fark! I just noticed all that crap behind the combustion heater.Didn't know there was a 'behind' (I've only been 20 years) Perhaps I forgot. Might think about cleaning that out,if I don't forget..

She's a very sweet. She's very attached to me and I'm finding out she's smarter than she lets on. Sure, she runs face-first into most of the walls, but she's making incredible leaps in her off-leash training. I don't even need treats to train her, she just wants attention.

Your dogs look so cute in their swapped beds. XD
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
My human bought me a leash, and she's bringing it up to me in 3 days Tiger

* Violet sleeps in a bed, because she is a good dog.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Christians See Each Other Neo-Scholastic 5 837 September 19, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Enough of the cat memes...have some underwater dogs! Tiberius 19 21202 March 30, 2012 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Violet