Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paper: The relationship of religiosity with education and intelligence.
Paper: The relationship of religiosity with education and intelligence.
One of my friends from university has recently co-authored a paper on the relationship between religiosity and intelligence. He described it as "the most comprehensive analysis of the relationship between religiosity, education and intelligence published to date. It basically shows that religious people have lower intelligence irrespective of their country of origin."

He has kindly agreed (as have the other authors) to let me publish it here and share it around as much as possible, so go read it if you want to:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4H1zeT...lZiOGhSOE0
RE: Paper: The relationship of religiosity with education and intelligence.
* Nine pretends to be shocked

I do look forward to giving it a read tho Tongue
Sounds interesting, I'll be sure to have a read. Thanks for sharing.
Its pretty much a no brainer imo that religious people are going to be less intelligent.
(June 8, 2012 at 10:02 pm)Xavier Wrote: Its pretty much a no brainer imo that religious people are going to be less intelligent.

Still, to have research supporting it is a little astounding. I have no doubt that there are brilliant people who are religious. However, it is impossible to hold some archaic beliefs and move forward with the knowledge of mankind as a whole, so it becomes a little self-defeating. Some religious beliefs don't hold back science and education, though, so there you have it.
Interesting if unoriginal proposition. Be interested in having a look at the methodology before forming an opinion.

Not the impression I already have,even from most of the loopier Christian apologists here. I don't conflate delusion,doublethink, cognitive dissonance or ignorance and stupidity, although they are far from mutually exclusive.

(June 8, 2012 at 10:02 pm)Xavier Wrote: Its pretty much a no brainer imo that religious people are going to be less intelligent.

No it isn't actually ;argument from incredulity and an hominem.Thinking

I see it as intelligent people are more likely to question their beliefs.
Quote:I see it as intelligent people are more likely to question their beliefs.

Intellect has little to do with belief. If it did,there is no way atheists would be the minority anywhere. Cool Shades

The way you see it remains an ad hominem and argument from incredulity [until supported by credible evidence)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5199 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The purpose of human life is probably to create "Artificial General Intelligence" uncool 45 8890 February 1, 2018 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Religious education (short video) Zenith 15 2279 January 21, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  Information always arises from intelligence goombah111 39 4532 October 31, 2016 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Religiosity, Spirituality and the Moral Gavin Duffy 104 19069 February 23, 2015 at 1:15 am
Last Post: ether-ore
  Higher Education & Religion Surgenator 23 4814 October 20, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Natachan
  Evolution, Intelligence, Suggestibility and Religion Bipolar Bob 5 2207 November 17, 2013 at 3:43 am
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  What is it about America? Does America's education system just suck? Xavier 87 30642 September 4, 2012 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Religion V Education Darwinian 14 4407 October 13, 2010 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Cego_Colher
  Scientific method proves order cannot exist w/o intelligence scientist 184 73525 January 28, 2010 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake