Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
terminology and actual beliefs
terminology and actual beliefs
i hope this thread can last a while before it gets hijacked, because i'm using it to try to come to an understanding of what people really believe.

there is a ton of terminology out there for different types of belief or non-belief. i will be the first to admit that i don't know what most of them mean, partly because i only know that i don't believe in a god. that's it. so, if you all could be so kind as to explain how you term your [non, ] belief and what that actually means.

ie., if you're christian, do you really believe in heaven, talking snakes, angels, etc., some of them or none of them? and perhaps, why are you religious? does it just make you feel good? i'm never out to ridicule, but as atheists will quickly say, i can only speak for myself. i truly am interested tho and want to pick up some high-level understanding of the terminology in the process. if you are a non-believer, feel free too. skeptic, humanist, gnostic, etc.... i don't know what any of those really mean, beyond a wiki search.

i wish i could say, please don't make me TLDR you, but as long as i'm not preached at, i will read thru. muito bon.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
RE: terminology and actual beliefs
I have a general belief in the supernatural. No specific beliefs, just in a broad sense.
This is stupid
RE: terminology and actual beliefs
but how so? ... well, if you wish to explain.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais