Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Philosophies From The Brother's Karamazov Here
Post Philosophies From The Brother's Karamazov Here
I'm only a little way into the book and I'm kinda busy, so, sorry if I post in this thread not often enough. But, here's something I posted in my blog from the book: "The less one has to think about the decisions he is making the happier one is. Dostoevsky says just that through his character Ivan in the Brothers Karamazov. Ivan continues to say that wouldn’t it make sense that a group of priests after spending their life in the monastery, etc , try to make people religious even if those priests don’t believe in God because the people will not have to worry as much about things since they believe in God".
RE: Post Philosophies From The Brother's Karamazov Here
I'd delete the link to your blog before the mods do. It's technically self-promotion and shits.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Ugh. If you start a thread, have the fucking conviction and responsibility to maintain it rather than posting a disclaimer for why you probably won't.
Trying to update my sig ...
Is there anyway I could promote my blog here? I joined this forum for that (I don't need a support group).
I apologize, epimethean, but this thread could probably continue without me updating it several times a day Smile
You joined to promote your blog? Well, I would suggest contacting an admin about perhaps paying to have an ad set up. Otherwise, you're wasting your time. Stop spamming, please.
(June 13, 2012 at 8:55 pm)Shell B Wrote: You joined to promote your blog? Well, I would suggest contacting an admin about perhaps paying to have an ad set up. Otherwise, you're wasting your time. Stop spamming, please.

Perhaps we need a great big banner on the account creation page to let people know that this is not a blog advertising service? (*) Cool Shades

(*) And permaban people who ignore it.
Oh, we have permabans for that.
Quote:Is there anyway I could promote my blog here?

Not unless you pay for it.

Quote: I joined this forum for that (I don't need a support group).

Tough. This is a discussion forum not 'a support group. You are welcome if you wish to participate,but we don't care for bludgers*.

*Aussie slang for 'parasite'
I think I've previously said we would accept $30 a month for a small banner ad at the top of the site. For a simple link, $15 a month.
(June 13, 2012 at 11:40 pm)padraic Wrote: but we don't care for bludgers*.

*Aussie slang for 'parasite'

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought you were talking about Quidditch! Geek