Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amit Goswami
Amit Goswami

Now I haven't got a degree in physics so correct me if I'm wrong but some of the stuff he says sounds suspiciously like pseudo-science mixed with an argument from infinite complexity.
Could someone with expertise in this area clarify?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
RE: Amit Goswami
Quantum mechanics is NOT psuedo-science it is very real:

This is a great introduction movie to Quantum mechanics:

Full Movie

(July 27, 2012 at 4:41 am)cratehorus Wrote: Quantum mechanics is NOT psuedo-science it is very real:

This is a great introduction movie to Quantum mechanics:

Full Movie

Wasn't attacking quantum mechanics. What I mean is that alot of the time what hes saying is bang on... then he basically goes "and therefore, God."
I mean, it completely throws me off. Its leaves me wondering if I missed something or if the video skipped, it leaves me completely bewildered.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I didn't mean to say you were insulting it, quantum mechanics or quantum physics is definetly very complicated. I'm not sure exactly what Dr. Goswami's personal beleifs of the relationship between physics and religion are, he wrote a book called "physics of the soul" but he also is a polytheistic hindu.

The documentary I posted is all that I know him from, it's old and kind of childish, but if you never heard of "quantum" anything give it a watch
(July 28, 2012 at 12:30 am)cratehorus Wrote: I didn't mean to say you were insulting it, quantum mechanics or quantum physics is definetly very complicated. I'm not sure exactly what Dr. Goswami's personal beleifs of the relationship between physics and religion are, he wrote a book called "physics of the soul" but he also is a polytheistic hindu.

The documentary I posted is all that I know him from, it's old and kind of childish, but if you never heard of "quantum" anything give it a watch

Ok, sounds interesting. I'll get on that after I've slept, hard to concentrate. Insomnias a bitch.
- Abdul Alhazred.
what the bleep do we know?
My summary of the film in 12 words:

Quantum mechanics, therefore: water has memory and prayer has real world effects.
(July 28, 2012 at 3:14 am)Stue Denim Wrote: what the bleep do we know?
My summary of the film in 12 words:

Quantum mechanics, therefore: water has memory and prayer has real world effects.

Maybe it does but that could have limitless implications and limitless causes. I don't consider "Therefore, God" to be an adequate conclusion to these discoveries. I'd consider "We need to do more research to narrow it down before we can make any claims" to be a more honest answer.

Judging from your answer I'd say you're in agreement, yes?
I know you're a noodle worshipper, your statement could be taken either way and I don't like to jump to any assumptions. :-P
- Abdul Alhazred.
Yeah, you're right, ambiguous post. That was meant to be the films conclusion, not mine =P.
In that movie they include Ramtha an atlantean warrior spirit channeled through J.Z. Knight! Yeah, probably not the best source of information. Yes, water responds to the emotion of a word printed on a card near it, or the effect it has on the people that pass by?! Um, yeah.