Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romney on Iran
Romney on Iran
Reading the paper this morning and the headline was, "Romney: Iran 'containment' not an option."
This terrifies me. Is he really suggesting that we (or Israel) should preemptively attack Iran? Upon reading the article, the answer I gleaned, was kinda. He endorses using, "any and all measures" to prevent Iran gaining a nuclear weapon. I think it's commonly thought that Iran developing nuclear weapons is a bad thing, but any and all measures?? War posturing at it's finest.
RE: Romney on Iran
It amazes me that any sane minded person would even consider voting for such an asshat.

Only in America.
the war mongering right love hanging their collective hats on thinking they're tough on terrorists. that shit drives me crazy. he's likely just posturing to garner numbers in polls. after all, the only ways to be a patriot in this fucking place are 1) to sacrifice our own men into an unnecessary war (occupation), 2) to totally give up any privacy of communication and 3) submit your body to searches just to travel via plane - and now carrying over to bus and train as well - and don't complain about it. i'm sure there are others, but this place is becoming more and more oppresive.

people in progressive *free* countries knock this one and as much as i don't like to hear it (because i love this fucked up place), a lot of it is true. we're definitely a conservative country and it seems we're continuing to move ever more in that direction. btw, israel and the us are but one entity imho. i dislike the idea of us being the world police. wtf is that all about?!
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
"Any and all measures" is, as you have noticed, posturing. Importantly, it is posturing during an election.

It's better than "we should bomb them" or "we should negotiate with them" for precisely the same reasons. I can appeal to either subset of voters as it leaves the mind free to imagine what "options" Mitt is talking about. Those that like to think that we would strike decisively with military force immediately interpret his words as precisely that, those that feel we should exhaust all options first interpret his words as precisely that. Is it just me, or does it seem that more and more we are offered a suggestion of a position to vote upon more often than any actual position? Carefully crafted political ambiguity ftw.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
He is a incredibly arrogant halfwit at heart - as his demonstrated so convincingly in London, who holds no conviction other than his own advancement - as his flip flop flip flip flop, then flip, then flop on health care shows, and who would never fail to embrace any bluster to satisfy the vanity of most distreputable consitituent - as his big and spectacularly empty words about "a new American century" indicates, nor stoop to any degree of obsequiousness if he perceive an advantage to himself in it - as his posturing about moving capital to Jerusalem and his bombast on Iran proves.

He has no redeeming qualities, and no redeeming public policy perception or geopolitical intelligence, he is an unspeakably unworhty candidate, and yet, he is, by inexpressibly far, the least unqualified of the republicans who attempted to run for president this year.
Re: Romney on Iran
He just needs to stop talking. Forever.
It is obviously political posturing at it's finest. This election is already a disaster. Which begs the question, how much worse is it going to get between now and November?
I guess what I find so horrible about the Iran conversation is that it is almost completely religiously based, which removes rational thought from the conversation. There's a lot of evangelicals who want a war between Iran and Israel to bring about the rapture and the end of days, and that scares the hell out of me. Especially if nuclear weapons are involved.

Personally, I can't wait until the candidate's religions enter the fray. All those people who think that Obama is a Muslim, are they really going to think that Romney being a Mormon is a better choice? I don't think the religious South is going to turn out... They've got a choice between a black man and a Mormon... They're just not going to vote.
The not so funny part is that the idiot might win.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The republicunt mantra is always "Four More Wars." Remember, that old fuck McCain never saw an international issue that he did not think could be solved without having bombs dropped on it.... as long as the area in question can't shoot back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why superpower countries do not overthrow Islamic government of Iran? Anti.Enslave 18 408 April 23, 2024 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Exclamation Islamic Mafia Criminal Terrorists Gorups and insecurity in Iran AVMXF 22 2007 September 8, 2023 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: AVMXF
  [Serious] Does Trump deserve some credit if Iran... Jehanne 40 2519 October 2, 2022 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5968 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  No Wonder Romney Won't Endorse Him. Minimalist 5 1356 October 7, 2016 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Mitt Romney considering a Libertarian Party endorsement? ReptilianPeon 9 1457 August 1, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Questions about Iran and Islam A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 12 1590 March 5, 2016 at 8:58 am
Last Post: A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c
  Rich Motherfucker - Is This One Of Romney's 47%? Minimalist 6 1720 October 21, 2014 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Heywood
Exclamation Hot news about Iran and Middle East! A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 8 2343 January 6, 2014 at 7:13 am
Last Post: A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c
  How is IRAN?? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 38 8791 January 3, 2014 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor