Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The god chain
The god chain
Never heard this before have you?

Let me explain: The god chain is a chain of contradictions based on religious beliefs.

I shall demonstrate-

Firstly let's start with this (Evil Atheists)

Now by mentioning such crap you would ultimatly start off the god chain!

Now according to christian beliefs, your suppost to be good and loving to all mankind. By calling atheists evil is showing hatred towards them and in turn contradicting your own beliefs.

Also god is all knowing, so god already knew about the atheist and already knew about the theist calling an atheist evil.

Also god having a devine plan, So this means god already planned for the atheist to be an atheist and already planned for the theist to call him/her names.

But god is suppost to be forgiving, kind, helpful and all that. But he can't be if he planned horrible things.

So In turn makes god wrong and immoral for planning it.
-------
See what happens when you as a theist mention "Evil atheists".

It starts off a chain reaction of contradictions! It would seem you don't know your own religion as you think you do!

Religion is built on contradictions! Atheism has no contradictions.

So a message for theists - Beware of the god chain!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
RE: The god chain
The problem with your chain is it is completly useless for the great majority of people. In Hinduism, bad actions are a result of your bad actions in a previous life or, even, in this hence the chain is void as the Gods plans do not include(or maybe they do) hurting people.
Even in Christianity, the chain does not work on the great majority of Christians as they do not belive God has planned out everything to the smallest detail. The Bible acctualy indicates that God has very little to do with this world. Your God Chain does not work with the great majority of religions. Also 'Atheism has no contradictions.' is a bit dangerous as all belifes of human kind have some form of contradiction or another.
(September 18, 2008 at 10:31 am)dagda Wrote: The problem with your chain is it is completly useless for the great majority of people. In Hinduism, bad actions are a result of your bad actions in a previous life or, even, in this hence the chain is void as the Gods plans do not include(or maybe they do) hurting people.
Even in Christianity, the chain does not work on the great majority of Christians as they do not belive God has planned out everything to the smallest detail. The Bible acctualy indicates that God has very little to do with this world. Your God Chain does not work with the great majority of religions. Also 'Atheism has no contradictions.' is a bit dangerous as all belifes of human kind have some form of contradiction or another.

Off what I heard, God planned everything. Also god is suppost to be all knowing, So even if he didn't plan it, He knew about it.

If god knew about when volcanos go off and how many it will kill then why didn't he stop it? You would sit back and watch someone drown? Would you sit back and let someone burn? Would it be immoral if you had a hose and you did nothing to help? If so then the same can be said about god. God is suppost to KNOW everything so every natural and deadly event could of been prevented.

I've noticed that christians have differant beliefs even in their own religion.

If god knows all and does nothing - he is immoral, If he planned it, He's immoral, If a christian kills, they stand against the ten comandments and end up contradicting themselves.

It's a contradiction to kill and be told to not kill. It's a contradiction to say god planned all and god did not plan all. It's a contradiction to say be kind to fellow man, then told to insult them.

Contradiction after contradiction.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Now, I'm going to list a number of contradictions from christinanity!

God good to all, or just a few?
PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

War or Peace?
EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Who is the father of Joseph?
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Should I bring up more?

Good and good to a few. I've never incountered a christian who doesn't contradict themselves!

Like I said, their religion is built on contradictions and so the god chain is born.

The entire christian faith is built upon contradictions.This is the first time I hear Dagda that "The Bible acctualy indicates that God has very little to do with this world".I don't know which bible you have read or are reading.In fact the biblical god expects worship and total sacrifice of self in order to follow him.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(September 18, 2008 at 10:31 am)dagda Wrote: Also 'Atheism has no contradictions.' is a bit dangerous as all belifes of human kind have some form of contradiction or another.

'Disbelief in a God' does not contain any contradictions, therefore not all beliefs contain contradictions as you stated. Perhaps you meant belief *systems*, even then I would question whether your statement is accurate or not. Have you had the chance to assess every single belief, or every single belief system in existence?
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
Most Christian's I have ever met believe that "Everything happens for a reason."

This would imply they do believe in fate/destiny and an invisible entity is directing their lives.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Sometimes I get caught up in Genisis a little. Yes, the God of the OT makes Satan look like a pleasent fellow. For some reason, He was rather racist toward the Babalonians.
Anyway, the 'God Chain' still does not work for Hinduism ect. and (I assume thiat this is your intent) does not disprove God. The extent this argument ever does is disproves a good God.

' Have you had the chance to assess every single belief, or every single belief system in existence?'

I think you should be asking Ace that as it was he who first said 'relifion is built on contradiction'.
(September 20, 2008 at 11:09 am)dagda Wrote: Sometimes I get caught up in Genisis a little. Yes, the God of the OT makes Satan look like a pleasent fellow. For some reason, He was rather racist toward the Babalonians.
Anyway, the 'God Chain' still does not work for Hinduism ect. and (I assume thiat this is your intent) does not disprove God. The extent this argument ever does is disproves a good God.

' Have you had the chance to assess every single belief, or every single belief system in existence?'

I think you should be asking Ace that as it was he who first said 'relifion is built on contradiction'.

Religion is built on contradiction. Not all of them! Christianity is the biggest contradictor and thee bloodist religion.

That Is why I target mainly christianity.

Try thinking for once. Look at what they say, They always talk of one thing then another that defeats what they said on the first.

They say love thy fellow man and yet they think atheists should be slaughtered. This is a contradiction. Either you like everyone as it is said in the bible or you don't. Speaking of the two would mean a contradiction.

They say god planned all and then they say god didn't. This is a contradiction.
They say god is all loving and yet you would go to hell if you simply did not believe, even though you may of been a very moral person. This is also a contradiction.

Look carefuly! It's just one HUGE contradiction after another.

If I said I was the king of england then told you I wasn't, That would be a contradiction. One thing over another.

So either you see the contradiction or you are denying it.
it's their, countless sites are based on it and it's fact.

The god chain is based on the constant contradictions. By saying one thing wrong and contradictive starts of a chain reaction which is why it's called the god "Chain". It's a chain of contradictions.

They? Who the hell are they? I have meet many fundimentalists and I have known none to want to slaughter anyone. They may belive atheism is wrong but, then, I think the capital punishment lobby are wrong, does not mean I have ever contradicted myself when wishing for a world of peace.
The argument is based on generalisations. I am sure there are Christians out there who do wish to slaughter all atheists, but there are 2 billion Christians on earth. Saying 'they' in the context you have placed it in implies that you think all 2 billion belive in the same thing. They do not and when the sects are brought together to create a general christian belife system, many contradictions arise.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19328 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie