Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ah religion.....'peace and love' my ass.
Ah religion.....'peace and love' my ass.
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012080...NJCG0.html

Quote: DAHSHOUR, Egypt (AP) - When the angry mob was rampaging through town, storming her home and those of other Christians, the 70-year-old woman hid in her cow pen, pushing a rock against the door. There she cowered for hours, at one point passing out from tear gas being fired by police that seeped in.

When Sameeha Wehba emerged just before dawn, she found she was the only Christian left in this small Egyptian village just south of Cairo.
RE: Ah religion.....'peace and love' my ass.
Good thing all this bloodshed wasn't over something trivial and silly...

Quote:The violence was ultimately rooted in a dispute over a badly ironed shirt that escalated into a fight in which a Christian burned a Muslim to death, in turn sparking the rampage by angry Muslims.

Ah - religious violence in creases, I see. What they need is some sort of blame figure, a scapegoat if you will:

Quote:"It was a devil's moment," Wehba said Thursday at the home of her Muslim neighbors, who have taken her in. "Whoever caused this was the devil's son."

Well, that's handy.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
An unironed shirt? I certainly don't condon the wrinkled fucker burning someone over the dispute, but is someone else's wrinkeled shirt enough to start shit over? Holy fuck!
Quote:The violence was ultimately rooted in a dispute over a badly ironed shirt that escalated into a fight in which a Christian burned a Muslim to death, in turn sparking the rampage by angry Muslims.

This just blows my fucking mind. The fact that a human being could kill another, in such a violent way no less, over something so trivial is something my brain struggles to comprehend.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 4, 2012 at 9:11 pm)Faith No More Wrote:

This just blows my fucking mind. The fact that a human being could kill another, in such a violent way no less, over something so trivial is something my brain struggles to comprehend.

Agree, but keep in mind it was the christian with the match this time.
They're copts.

Our resident xtian shitheads will now carefully explain that they aren't "true" xtians.
(August 4, 2012 at 9:17 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They're copts.

Our resident xtian shitheads will now carefully explain that they aren't "true" xtians.

I dare them! I actually think they will shy away from this. Muslims and Christians proving themselves to be inhumane shitheads?

Allow me the apology...neither is representative of the 'true' faith (insert jerking off emoticon here).

For the Christians/Muslims/Jews trying desperately to to invoke the "but it's not me" excuse"; fuck off and take out your own garbage. Once this is done we might begin to have a conversation.
I saw the word 'copts' and honestly read it as 'copouts'. I really must get the batteries changed in these glasses.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe If You Stopped Ass Fucking Children Minimalist 21 14734 November 14, 2012 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  More Shit From The Religion of "Peace' Minimalist 5 1975 May 12, 2010 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Washington state suing olong with other ass backward states binny 0 1442 March 26, 2010 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: binny