Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 12:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new member here
A new member here
Hello everyone I´m Giff from Sweden, hope you all will enjoy having me here
RE: A new member here
(September 18, 2008 at 7:37 am)Giff Wrote: Hello everyone I´m Giff from Sweden, hope you all will enjoy having me here

Hello!

Sweden you say! That's where I plan to go some day. I love sweden!

What's it like over there?

Anyway, Glad you joined the forum!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(September 18, 2008 at 7:37 am)Giff Wrote: Hello everyone I´m Giff from Sweden, hope you all will enjoy having me here

God dag Giff, Välkomnande till forum.

Jag hoppa det du njuta av din stanna här.

Darwinian.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Sweden is something like 90% atheist...which is awesome Smile
90% atheist? That's probably why it's such an evil place full of crime, murder and lawlessness, unlike the predominately Christian America which is a little paradise on Earth Wink
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Thanks everyone to welcomin me.

90% atheist in my country, sounds almost too good to be true. 40% is probably the more correct number (the rest are christians,muslims, buddhists, hinduists, jews, and all other religions around the world).

Anyway its quite cold here right now like 10 degrees so Ace I dont think you will have a tan after being here. But it is sunny anyway.

Thank you for trying to welcome me in swedish Darwinian, that was in a way quite flathering but the correct phrase should be like this :

God dag Giff, Välkommen till forumet.

Jag hoppas du kommer trivas här

Yes I know I just had to correct you. But since I don´t speak english, normally, I bet that you all have alot of correction to do for me.
(September 19, 2008 at 4:35 am)Giff Wrote: Thanks everyone to welcomin me.

90% atheist in my country, sounds almost too good to be true. 40% is probably the more correct number (the rest are christians,muslims, buddhists, hinduists, jews, and all other religions around the world).

Anyway its quite cold here right now like 10 degrees so Ace I dont think you will have a tan after being here. But it is sunny anyway.

Thank you for trying to welcome me in swedish Darwinian, that was in a way quite flathering but the correct phrase should be like this :

God dag Giff, Välkommen till forumet.

Jag hoppas du kommer trivas här

Yes I know I just had to correct you. But since I don´t speak english, normally, I bet that you all have alot of correction to do for me.

Don't worry about the cold, I love the cold!

Also I thought sweden had 85% atheistic population. According to the results that is.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
My friend lives out there and says it is around 85%, and this poll says "46-85%" which I can't understand.

http://www.thechapmans.nl/news/Atheist.pdf

I think the number represents how many say they do not believe in god, and how many say they are atheists. So 85% of people do not believe in god, whilst 46% of people say they are atheists. I guess it's a labeling thing Tongue
(September 19, 2008 at 6:21 am)Tiberius Wrote: My friend lives out there and says it is around 85%, and this poll says "46-85%" which I can't understand.

http://www.thechapmans.nl/news/Atheist.pdf

I think the number represents how many say they do not believe in god, and how many say they are atheists. So 85% of people do not believe in god, whilst 46% of people say they are atheists. I guess it's a labeling thing Tongue

Ah, Thats where weve been going wrong.

Also there's another thing to look into. What is the worlds non-religious population and what's the worlds atheist population.

I heard the atheist population is over 450 million. If you counted every person who does not believe in god, It would be 850 million. Now budhists do not believe in god so I guess you can count them in, And there's 350 Million of them, so by adding them into the total would be around 1 billion 200 million people who don't believe god. I know I'm missing many others, Like those who are non-religious but are not counted. So the expected total is much higher than the amount mentioned above.

Hey welcome!
Have fun

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new member asswriter 8 200 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Member Photos Tiberius 20280 4433865 April 11, 2024 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Hi everybody! New here (She/It) requiredfield 22 454 April 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New member MistMuse 7 255 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 520 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New Here Nomistic 13 563 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  New member titanif 8 865 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 646 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1348 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 963 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda