Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theory of Evolution is about to change a bit
Theory of Evolution is about to change a bit
I always believed that science is only a way to understand the modern world as we see it now, since we are limited to our discoveries it is hard to keep a solid stand on the evolution theory.

We have found new fossils that show a new group of human species which is proof "that there were two additional species of our genus - Homo - living alongside our direct human ancestral species, Homo erectus, almost two million years ago."

Now we have to rewrite most of our books based on our old theories. This happens every time with science. Einstein said black holes exist in theory, everyone laughed. Now we can supposedly spot them with advance telescope technology.

How did he know something was there without the technology beats me. We are always discovering something new, especially discovering things that we couldn't see before which now with new technology can now find. We should always keep a open mind when it comes to science, Einstein did Wink

Here is the article

New Fossils Shed Light on Evolutio
RE: Theory of Evolution is about to change a bit
Science books are frequently re-written.

Which class of books are never re-written.... what shall we call them.... what oh what, oh what, shall we call them!

[Image: y01.gif]

Aaahhh!
Quote:How did he know something was there without the technology beats me.

Argument from incredulity. (look it up) Science makes no claims of perfection. Such discoveries do not change the basics of evolutionary theory. Nor did discovering and mapping the human genome.
(August 11, 2012 at 7:51 pm)padraic Wrote:
Quote:How did he know something was there without the technology beats me.

Argument from incredulity. (look it up) Science makes no claims of perfection. Such discoveries do not change the basics of evolutionary theory. Nor did discovering and mapping the human genome.

I can't help but wonder if you have actually studied evolution, at the mots basic level.

I know what you mean and I a pro science but the issue is that most people use what they know now as a way to defend their beliefs when it is constantly evolving like us humans.

Yet we laugh at other people for what they believe in Sad

(August 11, 2012 at 7:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Science books are frequently re-written.

Which class of books are never re-written.... what shall we call them.... what oh what, oh what, shall we call them!

[Image: y01.gif]

Aaahhh!

Yeah and the Bible was rewritten in 2011 and a lot of the words have been taken out and changed a lot. That is nothing new either lol. KJV is a perfect example.
(August 11, 2012 at 7:55 pm)freedomfighter Wrote: Yet we laugh at other people for what they believe in Sad

That's because what they believe in is fucking hilarious!
(August 11, 2012 at 8:12 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(August 11, 2012 at 7:55 pm)freedomfighter Wrote: Yet we laugh at other people for what they believe in Sad

That's because what they believe in is fucking hilarious!

My favorite belief system is that we are aliens and xenu is coming to get us. FSM Grin
I don't see how this would call for the evolutionary theory to be changed; this is more a question of history.

There are a lot of other species in our genus around when we were. In fact, you're likely to have their DNA within you.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Quote:Yet we laugh at other people for what they believe in

Two posts,two logical fallacies. This time it's tu quoque/appeal to hypocrisy.

Are you suggesting that evolution is belief to be compared with religious belief?

Evolution is a scientific, proof based theory , always subject to change and expansion with new evidence. Religious beliefs are dogmatic and unchanging and are based on authority rather than proof . Another term for religious beliefs is 'superstition'

I smell something fishy..Thinking
(August 11, 2012 at 8:15 pm)Annik Wrote: I don't see how this would call for the evolutionary theory to be changed, this is more a question of history.

There are a lot of other species in out genus around when we were. In fact, you're likely to have their DNA within you.

I can agree with that, it is more of an addition to the evolution theory than a change. Just like the bunch of strands of DNA we can't identify yet. The more we know the more we add to it.

(August 11, 2012 at 8:18 pm)padraic Wrote:
Quote:Yet we laugh at other people for what they believe in

Two posts,two logical fallacies. This time it's tu quoque/appeal to hypocrisy.

Are you suggesting that evolution is belief to be compared with religious belief?

Evolution is a scientific, proof based theory , always subject to change and expansion with new evidence. Religious beliefs are dogmatic and unchanging and are based on authority rather than proof . Another term for religious beliefs is 'superstition'

I smell something fishy..Thinking

I believe that we should respect others beliefs. Nothing fishy about that. I wouldn't understand why anyone would disrespect someones belief. It really does not make sense to me.
The theory is sound, it's not going to be changed at all. The umbrella stays the same color no matter what it covers. This really is just a matter of history. The only way this ties into evolution is that we likely fucked them into extinction.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek theory Won2blv 10 990 June 24, 2023 at 6:53 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I am so sick of climate change deniers. Brian37 34 3069 November 23, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Can we recover from human caused climate change? Aroura 27 7015 November 23, 2020 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Climate Change and ecological collapse ph445 42 9403 August 3, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Simulation Theory according to Dilbert Neo-Scholastic 110 15065 May 10, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Various ways of fighting climate change dyresand 15 3435 April 1, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Intelligent Design as a scientific theory? SuperSentient 26 5993 March 26, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  When religion is at odds with climate change research Aegon 24 2936 December 28, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Simulation Theory Documentary Neo-Scholastic 25 5459 August 30, 2016 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Will modern society slow the progress of change? Heat 11 2921 May 10, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin