Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympics
Olympics
Congratulation to all of London and the Brits for a fine Olympics, well done chaps.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
RE: Olympics
Yes, and thanks to all those heroes and heroines who's names have now passed into legend (according to David Cameron) and to the BBC for absolutely saturating the schedules with nothing but Olympics because let's face it, if you're not a fanatical sports fan you don't really count for anything in this country.

Regards

-Miserable old git..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
The Olympics are all about rich dictators the most famous and best Olympics are always put on be the worst tyrants. This one was no different, all about corporations money and power, and the poor having to give their time for free, and being taxed to pay for it, while the big companies got all the cream.
It's finally over? Praise the lord! No...wait, I didn't mean that.
(August 13, 2012 at 6:25 am)Godschild Wrote: Congratulation to all of London and the Brits for a fine Olympics, well done chaps.

Thanks Godschild. I was initially sceptical about having the olympics in London (waste of money, Coca Cola and MacD's, clog the roads up etc.) but have been won over. In particular I was impressed with the BBC's coverage, both on Freeview/satellite and their website.

Regards

Grimesy
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

(August 13, 2012 at 8:24 am)jonb Wrote: the poor having to give their time for free

Oh fuck off, they were volunteers you do know what that actually means don't you?
I'm glad they were volunteers. I can't imagine how much more the bill would have been if we'd had to pay those people...
(August 13, 2012 at 11:03 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(August 13, 2012 at 8:24 am)jonb Wrote: the poor having to give their time for free

Oh fuck off, they were volunteers you do know what that actually means don't you?

Do you know about the people working as stewards in venues that have had their jobs taken away for the duration? Oh no that story was not reported was it. What about all the unemployed that would have had their benefits removed if they did not 'volunteer', and now they have got all that training standing about in the street who is going to employ them? So how much have the big corporations lost? And what has been the effect on even medium sized businesses in London. Yes it was nice, but it is always the same 'it's the rich wots gets the money its the poor wot gets the blame.' I would not mind at all if those that benefited paid.
i thought london did an excellent job and the city looked awesome in all the shots. for all the complaints of gray skies and constant rain, i saw very little of that. great venues/stadiums and an awesome mayor in front of some camera everyday. lol. all good.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
[Image: 1936-berlin-olympics.jpg]
[Image: http--iranpoliticsclub.net-photos-nazi-g...201936.jpg]
[img]httphttp://www.britannica.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/olympics.jpg://[/img]
[Image: _44833689_moscow416.jpg]
[Image: 1218049602229_f.jpg]
[Image: Beijing+Olympic+Opening+Ceremony+16.jpg]
It turned out nice again

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are You Watching the Olympics? Seraphina 25 2406 August 12, 2016 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Rio Olympics, triumph and tragedy . . . . vorlon13 8 2289 April 24, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The "Special" Olympics is dumb BrokenQuill92 36 16028 April 23, 2014 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  It just HAD to happen- Olympics thread KichigaiNeko 63 19361 August 10, 2012 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Phelps vs Lochte Olympics 2012 5thHorseman 4 2162 July 27, 2012 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: jackman