Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Lovers Thread
Pet Lovers Thread
I am a huge cat lover and in general love animals dearly. Who else here has pets, and how about some pictures too?

I personally have 1 cat and then there are a bunch of family pets. This includes 1 pit bull, 1 cat, 2 toads, and a beta fish.

Bella is my personal kitty cat, and she is adorable and only 3 years old.
[Image: bella.jpg]
^ When I first got her. She was 8 months old and I got her from the Animal Rescue League in Boston

[Image: kittyface1-1.jpg]

[Image: S7300582.jpg]

[Image: S7300558.jpg]

[Image: S7300006.jpg]

[Image: S7300554.jpg]

[Image: S7300543.jpg]
^ She likes to watch toilets flush

Teddy is 12 years old and can act like a grumpy old man. We got him when I was in 5th grade. XD
[Image: S7300004-1.jpg]

Xander is a year old or close to a year old, not sure myself. But I do know my mom got him this past December from the animal rescue league.
[Image: S73000062.jpg]
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Pet Lovers Thread
Your Xander looks like my Shadow,who is a lovable but rather stupid Pit bull. He is constantly bossed and bullied by Mimi ,my geriatric Toy Poodle X Terrier.

[Image: 2008_0526g28090013.jpg]
Heh, sounds like Xander. He gets beat up by Teddy if he pisses him off. Luckily we have neighbors with a boxer named Joe and they love to play together in the backyard

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
i love animals and refuse to keep pets as it's so cruel. Kepping cats less so because of their independence.
Animals are only good as food. The only reason human find pets cute is because the brain associate them with human babies, becuase they have similar proportions. So the reaction is that we find them cute. That's why dog is cute and not a spider or a crocodile.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Those cats look like they are almost eatin' size! [Image: PBsmile.gif]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(July 11, 2009 at 8:29 am)Dotard Wrote: Those cats look like they are almost eatin' size! [Image: PBsmile.gif]

Big Grin I would say snack size. But that is also eating, so you are correct. However, I don't think cats that specially good. Maybe chicken? Fried cat, doesn't sound speically apitizing either. I would say that they instead would be a great test dummies for catapults.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
(July 11, 2009 at 8:21 am)Giff Wrote: Animals are only good as food. The only reason human find pets cute is because the brain associate them with human babies, becuase they have similar proportions. So the reaction is that we find them cute. That's why dog is cute and not a spider or a crocodile.

That facile observation together with about $4.50 will get you a half decent cup of coffee around my way.

I have always had pets. I like pets,especially dogs.. I like having my dogs around. I like my dogs better than most people.I do not eat dogs (except for that one time, in China) I have no doubt my dogs would eat me if they could. My dogs are responsive animals ,not surrogate children.( I dislike children,whom I consider nasty sociopathic little animals) I got my Pit Bull mainly for protection. Someone breaks into my house,my dog will hurt them.I will feel no remorse.My solicitor has assured me that unless Shadow actually kills a burglar,it's unlikely I would be charged due to my age and ill health.(I'm just a poor old pensioner)

Humans have developed a symbiotic relationship with many animals over thousands of years,probably beginning with the dog.Later,cats were used to kill vermin .Then there is the history of the equine species and other beasts of burden such as the camel and the Llama.

The use of animals as domestic pets on a large scale is a modern invention, linked to affluence
"Why" a given individual has any pet(s) is a matter of conjecture, a bit more complex than some cliches from Pop psych 101.
(July 11, 2009 at 8:21 am)Giff Wrote: Animals are only good as food. The only reason human find pets cute is because the brain associate them with human babies, becuase they have similar proportions. So the reaction is that we find them cute. That's why dog is cute and not a spider or a crocodile.

So, you've never met anyone who kept rats, spiders, or snakes as pets? I have a friend who adores spiders and has around 30 tarantulas in her home at all times. Some of them won't throw their hairs so she holds those ones and obviously likes them.

I prefer mammals as pets so I have one cat and two ferrets and it has nothing to do with me thinking of them as my babies. I like the companionship and cats and ferrets have epic battles every time I let the ferrets out.

Rhizo
There is nothing cruel about keeping a pet as long as you take proper care of them. I honestly am a happier person with my cat Bella and I know she adores me. She always seeks attention and whenever I'm gone for a long period of time she misses me and I can always tell that she's happy to see me. And no, it's not just because I feed her. There's a bond there, simple as that.

Honestly, if you don't want pets that fine. But don't knock people who have them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A person and a pet Foxaèr 8 513 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Your pet stories. Brian37 27 1661 February 4, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Pet pictures The Valkyrie 29 2045 March 6, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4178 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Pet Peeves with commercial marketing. Brian37 17 1683 July 30, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  For All You Word Lovers: You Gotta Adore This One: Copacetic Rhondazvous 17 2224 December 20, 2017 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Any motorcycle lovers here? ErGingerbreadMandude 16 2359 October 7, 2017 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  My Top 5 Pet Peeves chimp3 40 11002 June 1, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Language Pet Peeve BrianSoddingBoru4 55 6642 February 16, 2017 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pet pleasures Thumpalumpacus 246 20958 November 12, 2016 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso