Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:20 am

Poll: Washer Or Walker?
This poll is closed.
I'm 100% Washer (I'm clean in common kitchens & public toilets)
77.78%
7 77.78%
I'm halfway (I'm clean in common kitchens but I rarely wash my hands in public toilets)
0%
0 0%
I'm halfway too (I'm messy in common kitchens but I always wash my hands in public toilets)
11.11%
1 11.11%
I'm a slob (I'm messy in common kitchens & I rarely wash my hands in public toilets)
0%
0 0%
Huh (what's a kitchen and WTF is toilet paper)?
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washer Or Walker?
Washer Or Walker?
So OK,

I've started this new job and, you know, you start to notice things ... things you've noticed before maybe, maybe not.

So two things I've noticed (and no it isn't the first time) is the way people abuse kitchens and blokes in toilets.

Kitchens
We have a kitchen area. The company provides tea, sugar, milk, cutlery, crockery, fridges, dishwashers, microwaves and so on. I use these facilities but it isn't a pleasant experience because most people ditch their dirty dishes in the sink and just leave them there to fester. They also, when they use the counter to make their tea, coffee or whatever leave sugar, puddles of milk, water, tea & coffee, the occasional used tea bag, soiled cutlery leave the surfaces crappy. I freely admit I don't like this, I'm not the tidiest person in the world but I am not dirty and this strikes me as dirty and (for me) the trouble is not only having to use these facilities in that state but that I feel like a leper when I go in wash the cup/s I am using and tidy up/wipe down surfaces after I've used them.

I mean surely these people don't live like this at home? Given that virtually everyone does it, it seems to me that there must be people here (in this forum) that have similar environments where they work and might be able to explain why they/people do that because I just don't get it ... why live in a mess? It's [expletive deleted] horrible.

Toilets
So you go into a public toilet (and those at work are especially since they are the toilets for 4 companies in the building) you have a cr** or p***, you shake/whack it or wipe it and then what? Do you wash & dry your hands or do you just leave? I know what I do (wash and dry my hands) but an awful lot of men don't seem to ... they just go.

I general terms of course I don't care but these people are one presumes) the same people I would shake hands with in the course of normal business events, moreover (in leaving the toilet) they put their hands (so recently on their d***s or ar**) on the door handle and with the best will in the world I find it difficult to pull open doors without using the handle so of course I touch the handle that they've just touched with their hands and they've just been ...

I mean, sure, I can see a case for not using the sinks in public toilets when they are gross but these aren't ... these are frequently cleaned toilets in a reasonably nice set of offices and even if I was faced with that problem I carry around some cleanser like the stuff you use in hospitals these days.

Do women do anything similar in their toilets? I have no idea but I'm guessing not.

I just want to know why people act like that?

Are you a washer or a walker?

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
RE: Washer Or Walker?
I don't have a clue why. We have this rotation schedule to clean the kitchen surface and sink, fill the coffee machine, and load/start the dishwasher. It only takes about 20 minutes to do it properly, but somehow it always ends up being the same three people that do it, even when it is not our turn.

As for the toilets, we do keep them fairly clean in this office fortunately. I think most are washers, I know I am.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Guess I have to make this a bit confusing. I always wash my hands after going to the toilet (I mean, eurghh...just thinking about not doing that is disgusting), but in my kitchen at home I am quite messy. At work, I would be tidy in the kitchen since other people suffer. When the only other people who use the kitchen are students, standards don't really matter :p
(July 13, 2009 at 11:15 am)Tiberius Wrote: When the only other people who use the kitchen are students, standards don't really matter

Well having seen how my daughter lives I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one especially since she was ill on one occasion and it is highly likely the state of her room/flat contributed ... I mean untidy is all well and good but when there's rotting food ...

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I have a bad habit of letting the dishes build up in my kitchen before washing them, but when I do clean them I give them a thorough cleaning.

As for bathrooms, since I have nothing to "shake/whack" I can't compare, but I do wash my hands whenever I go to the bathroom. And of course women always have a need for toilet paper. Considering you put your hand where potential dripping can happen, it's always best to wash.

as an aside, I've always hated women's bathrooms. They always build up lines because it takes longer for women to do their business. And then the women just make it worse by taking their sweet time and if they have their period, forget it. It takes forever. I also wish the "no talking" rule that exists in men's bathroom existed in women's. I honestly don't want to have a conversation while I'm peeing, and I don't want to hear someone else's either. Also, bathrooms are were women go to cry and breed drama. A few months ago I walked into a bathroom where my coworker was screaming at someone on the phone and crying. All I wanted to do was pee, damnit!

Also, FYI girls don't poop. True story.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(July 13, 2009 at 11:26 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote:
(July 13, 2009 at 11:15 am)Tiberius Wrote: When the only other people who use the kitchen are students, standards don't really matter

Well having seen how my daughter lives I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one especially since she was ill on one occasion and it is highly likely the state of her room/flat contributed ... I mean untidy is all well and good but when there's rotting food ...

Kyu
I meant general standards of tidyness don't matter, because most students are messy.
I'm currently nomadic and see lots of communal kitchens. Most are tidy and there are some funny cartoons about what will happen to you if you dare leave the place messy Big Grin

I always respect communal kitchens but like Adrian I'm not so hot at home. My wife doesn't seem to care although she's fanatical about some things in there.

I'm getting more like Howard Hughes all the time with public toilets.. It really bothers me about dirty handles and doors.. toilet seat rims too ...I try to touch them where I think no one else will. It won't be long before I'll only enter using tissue paper or gloves I'm sure!

PC keyboards are another issue with some people - how do they manage to get them full of food! Totally disgusting!