Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isaac Reverses Mississippi
Isaac Reverses Mississippi
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19435026

Hurricane Isaac made the Mississippi flow backwards for about 24 hours, faster and deeper than in it's normal direction.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
RE: Isaac Reverses Mississippi
Prior to Isaac the Mississippi was under severe shipping restrictions due to the summer long drought in the mid-west. Isaac did not have to work all that hard to handle its reduced flow.

Still...expect some jesus freak to blame it on gay marriage.
(September 1, 2012 at 2:29 am)Minimalist Wrote: Prior to Isaac the Mississippi was under severe shipping restrictions due to the summer long drought in the mid-west. Isaac did not have to work all that hard to handle its reduced flow.

....expect Obama and the Democrats to blame it on Bush.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
lol, if thats all bush done it wouldn't be so bad.
(September 2, 2012 at 10:25 am)A Theist Wrote:
(September 1, 2012 at 2:29 am)Minimalist Wrote: Prior to Isaac the Mississippi was under severe shipping restrictions due to the summer long drought in the mid-west. Isaac did not have to work all that hard to handle its reduced flow.

Democrat here.

Since I don't believe in God and/or Jesus, I have to find some material cause.

I know, I'll blame the hurricane and the tropical storm that spawned it.

Damn. Must find something else to blame Bush on....
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(September 2, 2012 at 10:25 am)A Theist Wrote:

Nah...you republicunt shitheads don't believe in global warming, remember? You better keep your cue cards straight.

You're supposed to say that your stupid fucking god is pissed because of gay marriage.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Nye vs Isaac Newton hobie 1 910 June 25, 2014 at 8:39 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Sir Isaac Newton Time life said he was the greatest scientific thinker of our time franca 2 2300 October 5, 2012 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Jackalope