Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I realised at 10
I realised at 10
I realised at 10 that there was no such thing as God....thats it
RE: I realised at 10
Pretty much how it went with me.
Same.
I never really did believe in a god. It was though, in my preteen years, that I espoused my belief. I was baptized at 5 and confirmed at 7.

It was probably in my late teens that I first stated, "There is no god". Stating that 'fact' here, however, got me the classic "Prove it!". I never felt I had to prove there is no god any more than I have to prove there is no easter bunny, but c'est la vie.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Quote: I never felt I had to prove there is no god any more than I have to prove there is no easter bunny, but c'est la vie.

Wait... what?
Confused Fall
Nemo me impune lacessit.
I don't get it. Why are there so many atheists that had these thoughts when they were that young? I was raised catholic and did all the stuff like confirmation and what not, but 'god' wasn't something that I would think about. I just did life.

It's only now that I'm mentally more mature that the gravity of 'god' has struck me and what it all really means. It's only now that I've had to decide where I stand with this 'god' concept. At 10 though, I was more worried about not getting in trouble.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(September 8, 2012 at 10:19 am)FallentoReason Wrote: I don't get it. Why are there so many atheists that had these thoughts when they were that young?

Some people are obviously smarter than others.
(September 8, 2012 at 10:21 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(September 8, 2012 at 10:19 am)FallentoReason Wrote: I don't get it. Why are there so many atheists that had these thoughts when they were that young?

Some people are obviously smarter than others.

You're just jelly because I had a proper childhood!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
People care about faith one way or the other at age ten?
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Being raised under catholicism in a non catholic environment, there was exposure to a certain amount of ostracism as a child through my peers. This raised the question in my head of "which god is the greater god?".

To answer this question required finding god and that never panned out. I did try however, in the belief that I was the weirdo, but I never could relate to the "love me or I will send you to hell" scenario and realized that I was the one with my head on straight and it was everyone else believing in a 'grown up Santa Claus'.

I used to ask the classic questions, starting in my preteen years and I found that no one had any legit or even intelligent answers, they were all bullshit circular answers. If god were real, then there should be real answers. Because god is bullshit, the answers were also.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy