Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Night's Q&A
Last Night's Q&A
Q&A is a live audience show where panelists are asked questions. Last night there was the Anglican Archbishop of Sydney Peter Jensen and Atheist Catherine Deveny on the panel.

The impression I got of Peter Jensen is that he is just another slimy apologist, essentially a fancy sounding Jerry Falwell. Also the views he expressed were frankly repulsive and members of the audience told Jensen that.

However Devney despite her passion, just did not have the right "tools" in order to flatten his apologetics. Namely a good understanding of the bible, especially the New Testament. Because as I see it even the quite fancy apologetics depends to a huge degree on the assumption on the bible being historically accurate. So if you can argue successfully this is not true, you can defeat nearly all Christian apologetics. I believe the ABC chose Devney because she is increasingly seen in this country as the go to person if you want an atheist in a public forum.

Here is a transcript of the program.
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/txt/s3581623.htm
undefined
RE: Last Night's Q&A
Seek and "Ye SHALL Submit"

Seems appropriate for ALL religious dogma.

Yeah read some news regarding this and came to the conclusion that CofE is up there with the best of them to squash 50%+ of the total population on the planet.

[Image: 386184_406478449401875_2030740084_n.jpg]

Or "Loving relationships" for that matter. Just WHY is it that the religious can't accept that same sex relationships are just as valid as opposite sex relationships??

Or is it a threat to their supply of "little ones" to manipulate?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Daily Show with Jon Stewart Brian37 5 1486 August 8, 2015 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4