Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romney gave terrorists what they want
Romney gave terrorists what they want
Quote:"I guess we see now that it is because they’re incompetent at talking effectively about foreign policy," said the Republican. "This is just unbelievable — when they decide to play on it they completely bungle it."

Romney has not backed off the response — "It's never too early for the United States government to condemn attacks on Americans and to defend our values," he said Wednesday — but his campaign faces a near consensus in Republican foreign policy circles that, whatever the sentiment, Romney faltered badly.

"It’s deeply unfortunate when the circumstance of the statement becomes the story," said Rick Perry's former foreign policy adviser, Victoria Coates, who is now an adjunct fellow at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, and who suggested that Romney should simply have "gone earlier rather than save it for midnight" to avoid appearing to play politics on September 11. "It’s unfortunate that it’s playing out this way, and hopefully they can get back on message, because their point is sound," she said.

Other conservatives were less sympathetic.

"Romney blew it and revealed how seriously maladroit he is when it comes to foreign affairs and national security," said Steve Clemons, the founder of the American Strategy Program at the New America Foundation. "An attack on an Embassy, the murder of U.S. officials including an Ambassador, is an attack on all Americans and the idea of America — and Romney gave terrorists what they want — a divided country still torn emotionally and politically by the events of 9-11. Romney talks of leadership but with his reckless commentary when events were fragile and still unfolding, he belly-flopped."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bensmith/foreign...romney-cai
RE: Romney gave terrorists what they want
I think supporting "democracy" in the Arab world is now bearing fruit.
"Be careful what you wish for......you may get it."
(September 12, 2012 at 1:14 pm)Chuck Wrote: I think supporting "democracy" in the Arab world is now bearing fruit.

who cares? name one country that had a lovely wonderfully peaceful transition into a new democracy?

The point is why is romney choosing to use an embassy attack for political points, he obviosly doesn't care about the lives lost, or what actually happens to the people of Egypt? Also, he has plenty of people working on his campaign, who know this stuff, so why is he not listening too them, it's just getting weird at this point. It reminds me of sarah palin who strangely enough is the only republican who defended him on this (not that she knows what's going on)

Oh yeah and he lied said obama should condemn the attacks and not apologize, even though that's exactly what Obama did, but as we all know facts don't matter to repukes
'repukes'

I'm a democrat and that sort of stuff is just Childish.

I just wish we had sensible middle of the road leaders to chhose from. Not religious loons and sociopathic liars.
(September 12, 2012 at 3:46 pm)cratehorus Wrote:
(September 12, 2012 at 1:14 pm)Chuck Wrote: I think supporting "democracy" in the Arab world is now bearing fruit.

who cares? name one country that had a lovely wonderfully peaceful transition into a new democracy?

The point is why is romney choosing to use an embassy attack for political points, he obviosly doesn't care about the lives lost, or what actually happens to the people of Egypt? Also, he has plenty of people working on his campaign, who know this stuff, so why is he not listening too them, it's just getting weird at this point. It reminds me of sarah palin who strangely enough is the only republican who defended him on this (not that she knows what's going on)

Oh yeah and he lied said obama should condemn the attacks and not apologize, even though that's exactly what Obama did, but as we all know facts don't matter to repukes

90% of the Eastern Bloc countries.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(September 12, 2012 at 10:23 pm)Polaris Wrote: 90% of the Eastern Bloc countries.

which eastern bloc?
(September 12, 2012 at 10:57 pm)cratehorus Wrote:
(September 12, 2012 at 10:23 pm)Polaris Wrote: 90% of the Eastern Bloc countries.

which eastern bloc?

You're American, aren't you?
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Romney forgot the old adage " politics stops at the water's edge." Or, perhaps like every other issue, he accepted it once and now repudiates it?

With that clown you can never tell.
I'm an American an I know what 'eastern Bloc' means -it is the Old Warsaw pact countires+ Albanaia and possibly Yugoslavia.

Cratehorus is an extremist radical , don;t expect any sanity from him

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 2063 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2431 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
Exclamation Islamic Mafia Criminal Terrorists Gorups and insecurity in Iran AVMXF 22 2004 September 8, 2023 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: AVMXF
  Ukrainians dont want to learn Russian language Interaktive 2 306 July 31, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5958 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7808 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are you sure you want to do that? onlinebiker 40 2145 January 12, 2021 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do you REALLY want things to change? onlinebiker 16 1539 September 19, 2020 at 4:45 am
Last Post: GUBU
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 953 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Are nowdays "terrorists" actually terrorists? Macoleco 7 837 February 17, 2019 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Yonadav