Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of Swine Flu.
Beware of Swine Flu.
Just a gentle warning to take care not to catch Swine Flu,lest you find yourself in the middle the Aporkalypse. Angel
RE: Beware of Swine Flu.
My friend is in China at a summer camp, and apparently they have been quarantined because 8 of the kids have swine flu.
padraic,

Groan that was just bad!

lol,
Rhizo
So bad I apparently missed it. Doh!

And yes, that was quite quite terrible Big Grin
It's a serious issue for me, they reckon the death toll in the UK could be 65,000 but more to the point amongst those at risk are asthmatics who are.have been on significant drug regimes and that includes my oldest daughter so yeah, I laugh and joke about it as much as anyone, but underneath that I am a bit worried because my kid is at risk.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Quote:It's a serious issue for me, they reckon the death toll in the UK could be 65,000 but more to the point amongst those at risk are asthmatics who are.have been on significant drug regimes and that includes my oldest daughter so yeah, I laugh and joke about it as much as anyone, but underneath that I am a bit worried because my kid is at risk.

Your child is at risk. According the the pundits here,the risk level of death is about the same as for seasonal flu.

BUT were I a parent,I would not implicitly believe anything the government said on this matter nor indeed on any major public health issue.

I have UK friends who will STILL not eat beef because they don't trust government assurances. A former civil servant,I think "trust me, I'm from the government" is one of the most chilling sentences in the language.-and no, I am most certainly am not being facetious.
(July 18, 2009 at 4:45 am)padraic Wrote: BUT were I a parent,I would not implicitly believe anything the government said on this matter nor indeed on any major public health issue.

I'd be a fool to ignore it.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
The 65,000 line was a misquote and manipulation by the press who were asked not to single it out. Yes it's wise to be cautious but a strong flu is still a strong flu.
If you get an e-mail claiming you can get swine flu from eating pork, it is just spam.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
(July 19, 2009 at 6:46 pm)LEDO Wrote: If you get an e-mail claiming you can get swine flu from eating pork, it is just spam.

Surely not.

Next thing you'll be saying you can't catch AIDS from toilet seats.Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BBC: Holy Water Banned To Halt Swine Flu Kyuuketsuki 15 8091 July 17, 2009 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki