Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apology
Apology
I wanted to say that I'm sorry for my previous, pointless threads, namely, "Shamans and Scientists". I've been doing quite a bit of reading, and I truly understand a universe without god, and it is indeed a most beautiful place, so full of life.

I'm done with pot. I smoked with some friends last night, and honestly, it really is better to keep your wits about you, and to be able to articulate your understandings and feelings. Sure, like getting drunk, it's fun and it losens you up--but in the end, it is no bueno--can't see too well, can't focus, can't really do anything, and you pass out in the end! Ugh.
Like what Carl Sagan once said, "...it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Totally. I completely agree.

But yeah...
I think I'm done obsessing over philosophy. Philosophers sit and stew with ideas, and scientists actually DO something about their ideas--test them, see if their hypothosis was right or wrong, then do it all over again, gaining actual knowlege!
Big Grin
is there any way I can change my username, lol?

Thanks, guys~
RE: Apology
User CP|Edit Profile|Change Username

click here

Pick a good'n Smile
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hehe Smile

Philosophy just="Philosophizing" to me. I don't have to be all superstitious and metaphysical, bullshittingly about it.

I just like to hypothesize and philosophize about it lol Wink

Just in that sense. But I know what you mean: A lot of philosophy is just a load of non-empirical nonsense talk.

And any philosophy without a skeptical and agnostic (Socratic Big Grin) attitude to it, is - basically - automatically a load of shite as far as I'm concerned lol. As a 'Philosophy', anyway (not saying there's never any good bits amongst the...utter, utter, filth, drivel).

But yes, the "Shaman" stuff anyway, is a load of nonsense lol. I had no problem with you expressing your thoughts regardless though!

EvF
(July 18, 2009 at 12:03 pm)Darwinian Wrote: User CP|Edit Profile|Change Username

click here

Pick a good'n Smile
Actually, only staff can use that. It's mainly to stop people from changing their name too often and confusing people.

obsessed_philosopher, if you want to send me a PM with the new username you want, I would be happy to change it for you.

-Adrian
(July 18, 2009 at 11:56 am)Tabby Wrote: I wanted to say that I'm sorry for my previous, pointless threads, namely, "Shamans and Scientists". I've been doing quite a bit of reading, and I truly understand a universe without god, and it is indeed a most beautiful place, so full of life.

I'm done with pot. I smoked with some friends last night, and honestly, it really is better to keep your wits about you, and to be able to articulate your understandings and feelings. Sure, like getting drunk, it's fun and it losens you up--but in the end, it is no bueno--can't see too well, can't focus, can't really do anything, and you pass out in the end! Ugh.
Like what Carl Sagan once said, "...it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Totally. I completely agree.

But yeah...
I think I'm done obsessing over philosophy. Philosophers sit and stew with ideas, and scientists actually DO something about their ideas--test them, see if their hypothosis was right or wrong, then do it all over again, gaining actual knowlege!
Big Grin
is there any way I can change my username, lol?

Thanks, guys~

Wits are for sissys. I prefer to take my brains out and play with them from time to time.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
(July 19, 2009 at 8:39 am)LEDO Wrote: Wits are for sissys. I prefer to take my brains out and play with them from time to time.

...epic fail.

[Image: mandown.gif]
(July 18, 2009 at 12:19 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Hehe Smile

Philosophy just="Philosophizing" to me. I don't have to be all superstitious and metaphysical, bullshittingly about it.
But yes, the "Shaman" stuff anyway, is a load of nonsense lol. I had no problem with you expressing your thoughts regardless though!

EvF

lol, thanks! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apology for being me. houseofcantor 12 2535 January 5, 2012 at 12:29 am
Last Post: houseofcantor