Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitt Romney actually comes up with a genius idea
Mitt Romney wants airplane windows that can roll down in case of fire. Mid-flight.

Mitt Wrote:When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/24...ore-easily

Oh boy. A man this stupid really is running for president.
RE: Mitt Romney actually comes up with a genius idea
Given the stuff Romney says, it doesn't seem like his brain uses that much oxygen anyways.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Every time he opens his mouth, Obamas' lead gets bigger and bigger. The Dems need to make sure Romney runs again in 2016.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
This just seemed funny a few days ago...now, it seems like a real plan.

Quote:NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—With just forty-three days to go until the election, Mitt Romney is in a race against time to offend the few voters he has not already alienated, his campaign manager said today.

“So far, Mitt’s efforts to make voters dislike him have gone exactly as planned,” said the campaign manager Matt Rhoades. “But let’s not kid ourselves—we’ve still got a few supporters out there and we’ve got to find ways to piss them off.”..

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/bo...z27QzEZkNi
But he is so damn smug... I'm not gonna believe Obama wins until the votes are in.
Romney is going to win. Mark my words.

And most jets have cockpit windows that open, so I don't think the open windows idea is quite as dumb as you suggest, nor do I think he was making a serious suggestion.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
(September 24, 2012 at 8:23 pm)Tino Wrote: Romney is going to win. Mark my words.

After 2004, when the country was stupid enough to elect W Bush, it proved no candidate is too stupid to be president.

While many of my fellow progressives were celebrating in 2008, thinking Obama was going to be a liberal president, I found the results sobering. Even after the most inept, gaffe-ridden campaign and a total collapse of the economy under Bush, McSame and his bimbo sidekick still got 46% of the vote.

9 out of 20 American voters can be relied upon to always mindlessly vote Republican, no matter how dumb the candidate or how inept the campaign. Facts don't matter to these brainwashed zombies. Romney could burn an American flag with a crazed "Bachmann" look in his eyes while flipping off at the cameras and not fall below 45% come November.

All they need to do is peel off a few percentages from Obama in the right swing states with just the right media advertisement blitz and Romney's in the White House.

Take nothing for granted.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(September 24, 2012 at 8:38 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: - country was stupid enough
- no candidate is too stupid to be president.
- McSame and his bimbo sidekick
- mindlessly vote Republican
- no matter how dumb the candidate
- brainwashed zombies

Since hanging out in some atheist forums I have found that many pro-Democrat people routinely demonize and characterize republican voters and candidates as stupid.

When you've gotten to the point where you accept the idea that an entire political party is stupid (not just specific individuals in it, but the party, the candidates and the voters), you've really lost the option to do anything but mindlessly vote for the other party, becoming exactly the thing you criticize republicans for doing - being mindless voters - brainwashed zombies who vote for their party no matter how dumb the candidate.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
Theres no way that hes the best candidate the republicans could produce. I refuse to accept it, theres just no way that out of all the people that could of been pushed forward he was the best option.
What the fuck were they thinking? Its like they want to lose.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(September 24, 2012 at 8:55 pm)Tino Wrote: Since hanging out in some atheist forums I have found that many pro-Democrat people routinely demonize and characterize republican voters and candidates as stupid.

It's not a conclusion that I like coming to. I would prefer things were different. I'm a former Reagan-worshiping Republican. My politics were once conservative, then libertarian and today somewhere between liberal and libertarian. So there was a time when I did find the right more intelligent and made a more compelling case than they do today.

Today, I'm frankly frustrated by how utterly brainwashed self-described conservatives are these days and how they live on an alternate reality where facts don't matter. If you think I'm being mean-spirited, consider the Tea-Bagger rallies with signs about "death panels", frets about Obama coming to take away peoples guns or how the government needs to keep its hands off medicare.

Go back further in time and we have Republicans who insisted that there were WMD programs in Iraq or links between Saddam and Al Qaida. When these wild claims turned out to be false, they either continued to insist that WMD or Al Qaida links were found (they weren't) or in Orwellian fashion, the mission shifted to spreading democracy in the Middle-East.

How about you? Are you ready to admit that Bush lied us into the war in Iraq? That his wild claims of coming mushroom clouds and hidden WMD were not even sort of true?

How about those tax cuts for the rich that were supposed to foster economic growth? You know, I used to believe in "trickle-down economics". W Bush tried it on steroids and had the most anemic job growth to show for it. Are you ready to admit it doesn't work? Or shall we keep doing it and hope for a different result?

Deregulation? That worked well, didn't it? I used to believe in rational markets when I was in business school. How many financial crashes must we endure before this idea is finally scrapped?

How about abstinence only sex ed? Nothing promotes teen-pregnancy like it.

Name the conservative idea, be it foreign policy, economic policy or social policy. It was tried under Bush and spectacularly failed. If we lived in a rational country, the Republican party should have gone the way of the Federalist Party after the War of 1812. But we don't. And Republicans can come back with the same failed ideas every four years and act like it's all new.

Quote:When you've gotten to the point where you accept the idea that an entire political party is stupid (not just specific individuals in it, but the party, the candidates and the voters), you've really lost the option to do anything but mindlessly vote for the other party, becoming exactly the thing you criticize republicans for doing - being mindless voters - brainwashed zombies who vote for their party no matter how dumb the candidate.

Sad but true. I wish it were not so.

Obama is a spineless wimp and so is most of the Democrat party. Unfortunately, since the only alternative in our two-party system is a frothing insane group of fascists, I don't have any other options.

(September 24, 2012 at 9:01 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: Theres no way that hes the best candidate the republicans could produce. I refuse to accept it, theres just no way that out of all the people that could of been pushed forward he was the best option.
What the fuck were they thinking? Its like they want to lose.

A few names for you:

Dan Quayle
W. Bush
Sarah Palin

This is not a party of intellectual heavy weights. The only intelligent and sane candidate who ran was John Huntsman, and he lost the primary in spectacular fashion.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This Is Genius On Several Levels BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1216 February 6, 2021 at 2:05 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Not Actually The News. Gawdzilla Sama 10 1471 November 19, 2018 at 1:35 am
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  If nobody comes from the future to stop you... Gawdzilla Sama 25 1933 August 14, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  President Sh*thole ACTUALLY SHOWERS! Brian37 3 447 January 29, 2018 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Idea for a New Facebook Feature. Edwardo Piet 1 292 August 31, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  There Is Something To This Idea Minimalist 23 2257 February 14, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  a genius' warning DramaQueen 1 914 October 21, 2014 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Darinda
  Heaven Awaits says: Paranoia ACTUALLY COMES FROM DEMONS POSSESSING OTHERS woo Creed of Heresy 8 2617 January 28, 2013 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Mitt Romney Style(Parody of Gangnam Stlye) Brian37 0 1196 December 27, 2012 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If church was more like this, I might actually go TaraJo 2 1080 December 20, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Something completely different