Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"New Posts" Seems to Miss A Lot
"New Posts" Seems to Miss A Lot
The "New Posts" link seems to miss posts I haven't yet seen. Does it do the same for others? I access the forum through two computers and a smartphone and it seems to behave the same on all. I don't see any settings related to this.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
RE: "New Posts" Seems to Miss A Lot
I don't know about that, since I never use that feature. I usually go for 'Today's Posts' so that I see all active discussions of the day.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Never mind.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I use 'today's posts' as well, but I just looked at the 'new posts' page and it contained threads that had no new posts.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
I use "Today's Posts" as well, it works well enough for active threads if you're a regular visitor, not such much if you're not.

It would be nice if there were a "Threads with unread posts" link. Seems like this is a desirable feature.

I'm not familiar enough with the code or database schema to comment on how large of an effort that would be, though I would not expect it to be much more than using the "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" as a template and provide a different query. Perhaps one of the admins who is might chime in.
I use the the overview box.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I use 'New Posts'. I don't usually have an issue.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Same here, never encountered a problem.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
FWIW, there is at least on "Unread Posts" mod/plugin for myBB.
Clap
EDIT: now it's gone...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4805 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Today's Posts? Yonadav 9 1681 March 23, 2019 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Sal
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1394 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  List Posts BrianSoddingBoru4 15 3108 April 7, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Issue with clicking "View New Posts" Foxaèr 5 1409 July 23, 2017 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Spam Detection (READ THIS IF YOUR POSTS KEEP DISAPPEARING) Tiberius 30 16117 July 4, 2017 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  All posts in this thread have vanished! Aroura 0 1064 February 15, 2017 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Mafia game threads showing in "Today's Posts" lists Ravenshire 18 6619 February 5, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Autocombining posts Ravenshire 8 1793 January 18, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus