Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic: The Gathering
Magic: The Gathering
I'm pretty new to this game still, but it's a lot of fun. Does anyone else play?
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
RE: Magic: The Gathering
My ex used to and I tried it out a few times myself. Maybe I should start playing it for real.. Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

It's pretty fun. You really have to understand how card work and how battles are resolved. It gets complicated rather quickly. I was lucky to play a game with two people who practically breathe Magic and they opened my eyes to some really cool strategies.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I have never tried Magic... I have always liked the look of it though.

I used to go to tournaments for Yugioh. I was once 7th best in Scotland. Wink I haven't played in a wee while though.

I did recently play Cardfight Vanguard though. It is a new game and it is pretty awesome. My friend goes to tournaments for it, but I don't actually own any cards for it myself... the only times I have played it was using his alternate decks.
Cunt
(October 2, 2012 at 2:59 pm)frankiej Wrote: I have never tried Magic... I have always liked the look of it though.

i would have imagined that you scots play it. your homeland kind of looks like if it was right next to mordor Tongue
Never liked card games much, I used to play yu-gi-oh to win cards from others and stopped playing when I got enough rare cards to sell for good $$.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(October 2, 2012 at 4:07 pm)JohnDG Wrote: Never liked card games much, I used to play yu-gi-oh to win cards from others and stopped playing when I got enough rare cards to sell for good $$.

You played for cards? That is bizarre. I think you guys took the anime too seriously. Tongue

There is still a lot of money in the game right now... there are almost always cards that go for over £100.
Cunt
I used to play, but it took all of my money. I quit and started back up a couple of times until I eventually traded all of my cards for a quarter ounce of mushrooms.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I used to play. I've still got a box of cards stored away someplace.
Only on the Xbox Live games now.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone else ever played Magic Carpet 1 or 2? Edwardo Piet 6 826 October 1, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Update: I've finally created my first Magic: The Gathering Library ReptilianPeon 0 572 May 12, 2016 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Had my first Magic: The Gathering games yesterday: Any advice for newbie? ReptilianPeon 18 3380 May 10, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Faith No More