Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steak
Steak
So then people, here's a thread to talk about all things to do with steak.

I love fillet steak cooked rare with chips (I think Americans would say fries, I'm not sure though) and shitloads of peppercorn sauce.

What does anyone else like?
'Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men' - Henry David Thoreau
RE: Steak
Med-Rare, seasoned perfectly. That's all it needs.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I like mine medium rare. Tender, juicy with just a tiny bit of seasoning.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Any meat goes, but my favorite is probably something straight from the grill with loads of barbecued veggies. *wipes a bit of drool off my chin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Medium rare to rare, seasoned lightly before cooking, served with a fork and knife.

Add sauteed mushrooms and taters to taste.
Add ribeye to CD's criteria and you have my favorite meal. I don't mind a bit of salad with it, either.
Medium rump steak, roast potatoes, cut green beans, rich onion gravy, couple of rolls and butter and a nice glass of LBV port with something decent on the t.v. - Priceless!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(October 5, 2012 at 4:36 pm)Shell B Wrote: Add ribeye to CD's criteria and you have my favorite meal. I don't mind a bit of salad with it, either.

Oh dear, I forgot the most important part.
What is it with people and having salad with steak?

I was on a night out a few weeks back. We got steak and my made asked for a side salad?! I mean, what the fuck is wrong with the world?!
'Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men' - Henry David Thoreau
NY strips are my favorite cut, grilled rare, salted and peppered pre-cooking. Salad or grilled veg and potatoes are the way to go in my humble opinion. And a nice glass of red wine, lovely.