Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious adds on Facebook
Religious adds on Facebook
Ive been debating a lot with Christians on Facebook (mostly just facebook friends) and oddly, since I've been doing this I've been getting more religious adds on the side thingy of my Facebook page. How is this happening? Is it just coincidence? BTW I'm not super tech savy so please explain things a bit more than you'd usually have to.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Religious adds on Facebook
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ofWFx525s
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Thanks for the link. It explained a lot. I have been clicking on a few posts from religious Facebook pages. It's my new reaction to spam. I used to ignore the "share if you love Jesus"" or "share if you think the words 'under god' should remain in the pledge of allegiance, ignore if you hate America" type posts but then I got punchy. I started going on to the site and posting comments. I know it does no good but the thought of the subtle (though temporary) irritation it it may bring to the spammers, religious bullies, and theocrats makes me feel better -I'm such a fucking rebel (not).
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

No problem. I just love TEDtalks, you never know what useful information you'll find there Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is anyone else having a problem with Facebook? Brian37 5 760 March 15, 2018 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Connecting blog to facebook etc robvalue 8 1630 January 28, 2015 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Science proves that you should un-friend your ex on Facebook Tino 21 10523 November 4, 2012 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  How to secure your Facebook account Tiberius 5 1679 May 29, 2012 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Facebook Phil 17 5163 March 11, 2012 at 3:22 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Facebook Loading Please Wait 20 4897 December 20, 2011 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Analysis of a Facebook social engineering/Javascript "hack" Autumnlicious 4 3269 March 2, 2011 at 9:29 am
Last Post: fr0d0