Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleabow tweets babble verses.
Fleabow tweets babble verses.
Despite Tim Fleabow's appeal to his fictional freind on the 666th Monday Night game, the New Jersey Jets still lost to the Texans.

Tim, seriously, lucky socks or a lucky jock strap has the same affect as that tweet. Cross your fingers or pray to Vishnu or Allah and it still amounts to superstition. The NFL has been arround since the late 20s and someone always wins or loses and at best ties.

Tim, there is only one thing that constitutes a win and there is no magic to it. Put more points on the board than the other team. You didn't lose because of "God's plan". You lost because the Jets failed to put more points on the board than the Texans. IT IS THAT FUCKING SIMPLE!

And seriously Tim 666? Do you really believe that their is a magical villian with a pitchfork re aranging the neurons of human brains making them do bad things?
RE: Fleabow tweets babble verses.
Now before the theists jump on me falsely claiming bigotry. My blasphemy is merely like if anyone reading this were the passenger of a car and notices that the driver is about to run a red light.

Skeptic "red light"
Driver "huh"
Skeptic "Red light"
Driver "Huh"
Skeptic "STOP ITS A FUCKING RED LIGHT"

I am not going to say my words are not offensive to believers, they are. But not out of hate of a person, but mangaling of logic, just like it would piss anyone off if the driver of the car is not paying attention to the road. You don't hate them, but certainly their driving should concern you if they are not paying attention.

Sometimes there simply is no way to be polite to absurd claims.

There is just simply so much wrong with Teabow, especially when it comes to something as non life threating as mere entertainment. If I had to believe in a god I certainly would not want something as superfluous as sporting events to be his priority. I'd think that world hunger, war and voilence would be much more of a priority over some sporting event.

Not just that but award cerimonies as well for music and movies, "Kathy Griffith" said it best "SUCK IT JESUS".

Now sounds mean, but with reason. To demonstrate bad use of logic and wrong ordered priorities. Much like texting while driving might make you run that red light and get t-boned.

TRHINK PEOPLE THINK ABOUT WHAT IT IS YOU ARE SAYING
Quote:And seriously Tim 666? Do you really believe that their is a magical villian with a pitchfork re aranging the neurons of human brains making them do bad things?

It's pretty apparent from our resident xtian assholes that this is exactly what they think.

Infantile notions make up the bulk of religious "thought" and I don't give a fuck how mean it sounds.

Xtians need to grow the fuck up.
(October 9, 2012 at 10:58 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:And seriously Tim 666? Do you really believe that their is a magical villian with a pitchfork re aranging the neurons of human brains making them do bad things?

It's pretty apparent from our resident xtian assholes that this is exactly what they think.

Infantile notions make up the bulk of religious "thought" and I don't give a fuck how mean it sounds.

Xtians need to grow the fuck up.

Well I am not that insensitive to know it is offensive. Human nature unfortunately ON ANY subject has us protecting our ego more often than our ability of self introspection.

But you are right, and not just with Christianity, but all religions and all superstitions and all flat out naked assertions.

It is mean, but for a reason. It is cold water being thrown on the face of bad logic. Just like it might be jaring to that driver to be shouted at "FUCKING STOP YOU ARE ABOUT TO RUN A RED LIGHT". Shocking and jarring and offensive, yes. But not because we should hate our fellow humans, just the flawed logic they use to come to their absurd conclusions that have giving birth to myths and superstitions throughout our oral and written existence.

The theist says "love the sinner not the sin"

The skeptics version "you can like the claimant without liking the claim itself".

But don't limit "grow up" to just christianity. Extend it to any person with any god claim, or even the bullshit conspiracies of UFOs or JFK or pantheism or any woo.

The great thing about scientific method is that it is a universal filter that acts as quality control, when used as intended, insures that our personal biasas and predilections don't screw up the data or formual.

The other good thing about it is that once a claim IN science has had the shit kicked out of it so much and been verified by indepenant sources, it goes way beyond a naked assertion and becomes solid fact.

Humans simply need to grow up, not one religion and not even always about religion. Claiming is one thing, that will happen regardless. While ones right to make any claim they want should not be stopped, that does not mean the claim itself deserves blind value.

I fear more the insecurities of others than the fact those same people make claims I find absurd. Go ahead and make any claim you want, just dont expect others to give it blind value or treat it with kid gloves. Claims that gain value don't need protection. Claims that gain value are the ones that take the heat and the beating.
We get more xtians than anything else around here. Hence the fixation on them.

But again, they all pretty much suck.
(October 9, 2012 at 12:34 pm)Minimalist Wrote: We get more xtians than anything else around here. Hence the fixation on them.

But again, they all pretty much suck.

No we don't live on an island. My Catholic mother does not suck, she has been damned good to me. I would object only to claims Catholics or any sect of any religion might make. I still have family and friends and co workers who might make me want to mentally and metaphorically strangle them, but I cant hate people merely because they might make a claim I find to be nutty.

But you do bring up a good point. I do hate it when people come to atheists sites and wonder what our "fixation" is. If the majority of people in America were Hindus then that would be what we would deal with the most.

People can be decent people and still hold nutty claims. I really can only hate claims and or individuals, but I don't disown another person as a family member or friend based on one claim or one issue.

People make sucky claims all the time. I even had an atheist claim that the transporter of Star Trec was a possibility.
Fundies don't consider catholics to be xtians.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nick Offerman read tweets from young female celebrities Czechlervitz30 0 466 July 18, 2016 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Czechlervitz30
  Batman verses Vader Drich 67 7927 March 20, 2015 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Drich