Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 18, 2024, 11:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Dawkins gets atheism another primetime TV slot (UK)
Richard Dawkins gets atheism another primetime TV slot (UK)
Dawkin's new series:
"Sex, Death and the Meaning of Life" - Evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins asks if science can provide answers to the big questions we used to entrust to religion.

10pm UK time Monday.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/sex-d...ng-of-life
blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” – John 20:26-29
RE: Richard Dawkins gets atheism another primetime TV slot (UK)
Yay Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I guess I will have to record this. Big Grin
Cunt
Should be a fascinating one to watch. 4oD to the rescue for me. Daft TV license bs and all that. Tongue
(October 13, 2012 at 11:26 am)Insanity x Wrote: Should be a fascinating one to watch. 4oD to the rescue for me. Daft TV license bs and all that. Tongue

I'm in the same boat Tongue Should be interesting.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Nice to see that British television still gets quality stuff.

Unfortunately Ice Truckers, Ancient Aliens, and Honey Boo Boo are too important over here.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(October 13, 2012 at 12:48 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Nice to see that British television still gets quality stuff.

Unfortunately Ice Truckers, Ancient Aliens, and Honey Boo Boo is too important over here.

We get the same shows but they tend to be on at strange times on those channels nobody see's lol.

I have no doubts this show will be on YouTube in less than 24 hours after it airs.
(October 13, 2012 at 10:18 am)Doubting_Thomas Wrote: Dawkin's new series:
"Sex, Death and the Meaning of Life" - Evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins asks if science can provide answers to the big questions we used to entrust to religion.

Ugh. I find Dawkins has an air of arrogance about him that, despite his ideas, I just can't get on with. Also, why do people assume there is nothing but science and religion? I would like philosophy mentioned, but then that's probably academic bias. Fucking religion, man.
Religion is an attempt to answer the philosophical questions of the unphilosophical man.
(October 13, 2012 at 2:07 pm)liam Wrote: Also, why do people assume there is nothing but science and religion? I would like philosophy mentioned, but then that's probably academic bias.

I imagine the reason is because Dawkins is not a philosopher. Science can't find an objective meaning to life, but philosophy can provide a subjective one. I thinkt the reason also lies in that it is harder to prove an objective answer to something using philosphy than science if the question is not inherently philosophical.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.

Yaaay. Finally some good news for the day.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Dawkins Suggests Feminists May Have Caused His Stroke mralstoner 45 9598 February 16, 2016 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Another Lying Catholic Fuck Gets Caught Minimalist 24 11754 June 7, 2012 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Pedo priest gets 20 years Oldandeasilyconfused 11 4536 July 5, 2010 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious