Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky-Daddies.
Sky-Daddies.
It happened about six months ago. I was reading a fanfiction author's bio, and she mentioned that she was an atheist. Being a naive twelve-year old that was born into a relatively conservative Muslim family, I didn't even know what an atheist was. So, I Google'd it, and what came up was... well, it caused a ginormous domino effect.

After a whole month of squinting and reading, I came to the conclusion that god was as real as the bogeyman. I wasn't really surprised, since I always had this feeling that I didn't believe in the crap my parents fed me--and still are feeding me.

I haven't told them yet, but I did question them once. My mom started screaming at me, dad wasn't too happy and they kept giving me roundabout answers. I think it's best to not tell them, especially since I've still got six more years until I'm an adult. Telling them would just make the rest of the time left here more miserable.

And ... that's it! C:
RE: Sky-Daddies.
Wow, a youngin'. Welcome!
(October 18, 2012 at 7:49 am)festive1 Wrote: Wow, a youngin'. Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. C:
I think you just set the record for youngest member. Welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote:My mom started screaming at me, dad wasn't too happy and they kept giving me roundabout answers.

Not a good sign. Welcome.
Welcome Hi

Kage Wrote:I think it's best to not tell them, especially since I've still got six more years until I'm an adult. Telling them would just make the rest of the time left here more miserable.

Yeah, you're right. At least you know now, rather than telling them outright and finding out the hard[er] way. I haven't told my parents yet either, though I don't think they would react as harshly as yours.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(October 18, 2012 at 6:58 am)Kage Wrote: Telling them would just make the rest of the time left here more miserable.

Welcome! Best to keep the peace, at least as long as you're dependent on them. It's a shame that fear of mistreatment has to be a concern, but unfortunately, it's a real one.

My father's side of the family is aware, but the increased prosyletization is so annoying that I'll probably never tell my mother's side. They're not more religous, but they are more red-neck-y.
Welcome.
Cunt
Oops. The notifications didn't work. And thanks!

Yeah, I thought the same. I have a pretty good idea of their reactions, and it isn't pretty.
New on this forum, young, atheist, still in the closet, and got yelled at when he questioned it all once?

We seem to have a lot in common, dude.

I'm 16. I'm assuming by "adult" you mean 18 year old, in which case you're 12. Nice to meet you.
[Image: 530586_4905425916384_11506356_n.jpg]