Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, D'Souza.....
Oh, D'Souza.....
How bout' them apologists?

http://news.yahoo.com/conservative-obama...07758.html
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/18...-marriage/
[Image: Mv4GC.png]
The true beauty of a self-inquiring sentient universe is lost on those who elect to walk the intellectually vacuous path of comfortable paranoid fantasies.
RE: Oh, D'Souza.....
I happened to have read some stuff by him recently. His apologetics is even worse than Craig's.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
He was engaged to another woman while still married?

I wonder how he would use apologetics to justify his breaking of the adultery commandment.
(October 18, 2012 at 6:30 pm)Ryantology Wrote: He was engaged to another woman while still married?

I wonder how he would use apologetics to justify his breaking of the adultery commandment.

Well, in fairness, she was married too so I guess that balances everything out.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
It must actually be a relief for them. Usually they get caught giving blow jobs to other men in the St Paul Airport rest room.
I'm looking forward to hearing about "legitimate" adultery.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I'll bet he asked pappy jesus to forgive him and pappy jesus said "why sure, son."
I think D'Souza is a killer debater. I think the "New Atheists" should respect him - he problematizes their position every time.

The biggest weakness in his arguments is his Christianity. Same with Craig. As Christians, they're committed to ideas like Jesus is the only way, followers of other religions are wrong and destined for hell, hell is eternal, the soul is eternally judged after only one lifetime, etc. When opponents come out with these dopey arguments like "you don't believe in Zeus and Thor" and "if you were born in another part of the world, you'd be worshiping Allah", as Christians, they can't say much.
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
(October 19, 2012 at 8:19 am)Akincana Krishna dasa Wrote: I think D'Souza is a killer debater... he problematizes their position every time.
I've seen 5 different D'Souza debates and he's a dreadful debater. His presentation skills are great but his content leaves everything to be desired.

Quote:The biggest weakness in his arguments is his Christianity.
To be honest, the biggest weaknesses in his arguments are:
1. his inability to stick to the point
2. his lack of through-thought
3. his lack of logic

By the time he's finished talking, I'm never clear whether or not he's addressed the points he claims he's addressed, let alone the subject of the debate!
Sum ergo sum
(October 19, 2012 at 8:19 am)Akincana Krishna dasa Wrote: I think D'Souza is a killer debater.

Here he is in action. It's almost painful to watch. ...no, not really. Tongue

Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate:Hitchens, Harris, Dennett vs D'Souza, Boteach, Taleb. leo-rcc 4 4100 January 5, 2010 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet