Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ireland! Fuck Me Backwards!!!!!!
Ireland! Fuck Me Backwards!!!!!!
Is this for fucking real?

Quote:ABC Technology & Science News: New Blasphemy Law in Ireland
JOHN ALLEN PAULOS

When a modern Western country whose economy is based on science and technology adopts an absurdly medieval law, one would think that this would be a news story of at least moderate size.

Oddly though, almost no attention has been paid in the United Stares to the passing last month of a bill establishing a crime of blasphemy in Ireland.

Approved by the Irish parliament, it states: "A person who publishes or utters blasphemous matter shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable upon conviction on indictment to a fine not exceeding 25,000 euro."

[Read The Rest Of The Article Here]

If true (and I can't help but think this must be a hoax), someone needs to take those fuckers to the European court of human rights!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
RE: Ireland! Fuck Me Backwards!!!!!!
So if I go to Ireland and I say that Guinness is a crappy beer and it tastes like horse piss will I get a fine?
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
It's all true. But the thing is, pretty much everyone here is religious, and since we live in a democracy, we can exercise our democratic right to protect the population from the Dawkins brigade.

Atheists not welcome in Ireland - is pretty much how it goes in Ireland now.

Besides, it's written into the constituition that blasphemy is a criminal offence, aswell as that it protects the lives of the unborn child.

But I guess we're just backward, superstitious barbarian Irishmen that need to be "civilized", your more than welcome in trying.

Don't worry though, we're going to get the EU consititution forced on us within the next few months anyway, so before long we'll be just as godless as the rest of Western "civilization"
(August 5, 2009 at 7:00 am)Anto Kennedy Wrote: It's all true. But the thing is, pretty much everyone here is religious, and since we live in a democracy, we can exercise our democratic right to protect the population from the Dawkins brigade.

True but when did legalising against valid criticism become a good thing?

(August 5, 2009 at 7:00 am)Anto Kennedy Wrote: Atheists not welcome in Ireland - is pretty much how it goes in Ireland now.

Education is a better way forward.

(August 5, 2009 at 7:00 am)Anto Kennedy Wrote: Besides, it's written into the constituition that blasphemy is a criminal offence, aswell as that it protects the lives of the unborn child.

It's still part of English law I believe. I don't suppose you'd be concerned about the rights of the mother and that children experiment sometimes ending up with a burden that will screw the rest of their lives?

(August 5, 2009 at 7:00 am)Anto Kennedy Wrote: But I guess we're just backward, superstitious barbarian Irishmen that need to be "civilized", your more than welcome in trying.

The EU isn't the best thing since sliced bread but at least they might force you wingnuts into line.

(August 5, 2009 at 7:00 am)Anto Kennedy Wrote: Don't worry though, we're going to get the EU consititution forced on us within the next few months anyway, so before long we'll be just as godless as the rest of Western "civilization"

Good thing too. People should be entitled to believe what they want to believe but that's as far as it should go!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
(August 5, 2009 at 7:00 am)Anto Kennedy Wrote: Don't worry though, we're going to get the EU consititution forced on us within the next few months anyway, so before long we'll be just as godless as the rest of Western "civilization"

Awwww damn!

((Dotard scratches Ireland off the 'next country to liberate' list.))
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Hate to tell ya Anto it's little more than a hate law. Though I'm not surprised you would be in favor of censoring peoples speech (would you join the thought police though?) hopefully even you realise that this is a law that is easily abused and means that almost no religion can exist beside another one. If you choose to interpret the bible the right way the very existence of muslims is blasphemous and would warrant giving the fine to every muslim in ireland.

Protection indeed, if you consider protection via prosecution of those who disagree with you valid.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
(August 5, 2009 at 7:42 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: It's still part of English law I believe. I don't suppose you'd be concerned about the rights of the mother and that children experiment sometimes ending up with a burden that will screw the rest of their lives?
Actually, ours was repealed back in March 2008. However, the fact that it was still law up until March 2008 is ridiculous.
There goes my future plans to go and maybe find some long lost family.
People need to get the police drunker than Dick Chainy and fight the power!
(August 11, 2009 at 5:10 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(August 5, 2009 at 7:42 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: It's still part of English law I believe. I don't suppose you'd be concerned about the rights of the mother and that children experiment sometimes ending up with a burden that will screw the rest of their lives?
Actually, ours was repealed back in March 2008. However, the fact that it was still law up until March 2008 is ridiculous.

It wasn't really put into practice though was it? Not for a while it hadn't been? Like no one had found a reason to bother taking it off yet?

EvF
I think this calls for a bus campaign.
Hoi Zaeme.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2012 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Working backwards. Mystic 52 7980 February 26, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Could Ireland be restored? EringoBragh 28 4230 August 25, 2016 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Fuck Praying Minimalist 25 3309 June 10, 2016 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Magdalene Horrors in Ireland God of Mr. Hanky 12 2015 February 27, 2016 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: MTL
  FUCK EASTER / PASSOVER Minimalist 17 3094 April 5, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  So..... Not Only God but a Court Says "FUCK YOU." Minimalist 53 10495 March 12, 2015 at 3:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Apparently, God Said "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 32 11169 August 24, 2013 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Cloning Jesus??? Fuck yeah! The Reality Salesman01 21 7701 July 18, 2013 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Woman suffering miscarriage denied abortion and dies of blood poisoning in Ireland LarissaAnn 20 10223 November 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat