Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science Blogs: Former Employees Accuse Blackwater of Serious Crimes
Science Blogs: Former Employees Accuse Blackwater of Serious Crimes
Quote:Science Blogs (Dispatches From The Culture Wars): Former Employees Accuse Blackwater of Serious Crimes
August 5, 2009 9:23 AM
Ed Brayton

Two former employees of Blackwater (now called Xe), a private military contractor founded by Michigan native Erik Prince, have submitted sworn affidavits in a federal court case in Virginia alleging that Prince is motivated by anti-Muslim religious fervor and that he and his company are responsible for serious crimes, including murder.

The affidavits were filed under seal with the men referred to only as John Doe 1 and John Doe 2, but their testimony is sworn under potential perjury in official court documents. Both men testified to personal knowledge of Blackwater engaging in illegal arms smuggling into Iraq, Blackwater guards routinely engaging in unjustified violence against Iraqis and even of murdering other former employees who were ready to blow the whistle on them.

John Doe 1 is a former U.S. Marine who was hired by Blackwater and sent to Iraq as a guard for State Department personnel. He reports that immediately upon arriving in Baghdad to work for the company he witnessed Blackwater personnel unloading bags of dog food that were used for smuggling weapons into Iraq.

He also reports multiple incidents that he witnessed personally of Blackwater guards opening fire indiscriminately on Iraqi citizens, seriously injuring or killing them, without reporting the incidents to either the Iraqi government or the State Department as required by their contract.

Several of those incidents involved Blackwater guards firing into the vehicles of Iraqi citizens without provocation. At least two of those incidents involved a guard named Beau Phillips opening fire on vehicles with Iraqi citizens in them for no reason using a weapon that is illegal to take into Iraq, an M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon, or SAW. In neither case, the employee said, did the guards even bother to stop to see if anyone in the vehicles were alive and in need of medical care, nor did they report the incidents. And in no case was the guard responsible disciplined for their actions.

[Read The Rest Of The Article Here]

This merits another, "Fuck Me Backwards!" ... I mean I know I'm not pro Muslim (in the slightest) or Christian (in the slightest) but these guys are fucking nuts!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
RE: Science Blogs: Former Employees Accuse Blackwater of Serious Crimes
Yes. Yes they were.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Yup. Mercenaries.
(August 5, 2009 at 8:53 pm)Pippy Wrote: Yup. Mercenaries.

There is no suggestion that they were mercenaries, just violent religious (Christian in this case) nutjobs!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!

Xe, formerly known as Blackwater are a Mercenary unit.
(August 6, 2009 at 7:42 am)Pippy Wrote: Xe, formerly known as Blackwater are a Mercenary unit.

Just done a brief internet search and yeah, fair enough ... my bad!

Kyu
Angry Atheism

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former Catholic MR. Macabre 666 12 1274 October 2, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 6667 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Covid-19 lowered the number of crimes WinterHold 33 2612 April 29, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A serious question for the theist. Foxaèr 18 2999 May 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Religion is overly serious Der/die AtheistIn 37 7346 November 8, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Confessions of a former Christian fundamentalist. Jehanne 56 14323 December 27, 2015 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Delicate
  Why are Christians so ignorant of their religions history and it's crimes GoHalos1993 24 7349 December 7, 2015 at 10:12 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Tribal loyalty towards your former religion Aaran 27 6212 July 13, 2015 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Metis
  Embrace Judeo-Christian culture and values! Is this politician serious? Greatest I am 14 3454 February 9, 2015 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A former agnostic, with doubts? Madness20 37 8542 September 17, 2014 at 2:52 am
Last Post: bennyboy