Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandy Sinks Bounty
Sandy Sinks Bounty
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.1194505

Quote:Crew of HMS Bounty forced to abandon ship as Hurricane Sandy bears down on East Coast
17 people aboard three mast ship off coast of North Carolina

Too bad one of those noah's "ark" shitwits wasn't out there sailing around.
RE: Sandy Sinks Bounty
That is too bad. I understand the Bounty replica is in fact very faithful, built of wood from orginal admiralty plans, but slightly overscale to meet the visual and logistic demands of movie making. It's unlike the other movie replica - HMS Rose used as HMS Surprise for the 2004 Master and Commander - which is actually a diesel powered, steel hulled fake made to superficially resemble a sailing ship only.
I've seen the Bounty, it was impressive. I believe some crew are missing/dead. ):
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(October 30, 2012 at 8:33 pm)Annik Wrote: I've seen the Bounty, it was impressive. I believe some crew are missing/dead. ):

There were conflicting reports yesterday. 14 made it to lifeboats and were rescued, with 2 or 3 reported washed overboard and missing. I'm speculating, but one of the crewmen washed overboard may have made it to a lifeboat.

Mate Claudene Christian was pulled from the sea Monday afternoon, but was unresponsive and pronounced dead.

The captain is still missing. Reports indicate that the captain was wearing an exposure suit and could conceivably still be alive.