Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:47 pm

Poll: What kind of days do you prefer?
This poll is closed.
Sunny!
21.05%
8 21.05%
Cloudy.
15.79%
6 15.79%
Drizzling.
10.53%
4 10.53%
Raining
13.16%
5 13.16%
Thunderstorms!
21.05%
8 21.05%
Snoooow~
7.89%
3 7.89%
I am of the opinion that Creed doesn't actually know what weather is and he probably spends his entire life in his room and is just trying to troll for opinions to parrot in real life conversations.
5.26%
2 5.26%
No real preference.
5.26%
2 5.26%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunshine, snow, rain or...?
Sunshine, snow, rain or...?
So, what kind of days do you prefer?

Thunderstorms, myself.
RE: Sunshine, snow, rain or...?
I prefer sun, or partly cloudy. We get a good 8 months of rainy weather here, and that's more than enough. I'm gonna take a break from it in January and spend two weeks in Mexico with a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand.
I like extremes. Cloudless, blue sky, sunny. Grey sky, heavy rain, fog. Nothing in between. I absolutely hate a combination of sun/condensation.
Ahh, Cthu, you get it. ;D

Where do you live?
(November 2, 2012 at 1:28 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Ahh, Cthu, you get it. ;D

Where do you live?

Near Portland, Oregon in southwest Washington state. It's beautiful here, but the endless weeks and months of grey weather sucks.
I'm a thunderstorm sort of person as well. While I'm indoors, for preference. Best of all are the ones at night while I'm settling down to sleep, which could also apply to the day as well. They provide a comforting backdrop of sound which takes away the silence of the flat and relaxes the mind beautifully. In fact, I have several mp3 recordings of storms in different environments, each lasting a good couple of hours, which I often play through headphones on our stereo for exactly that purpose.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
T-storms are a rarity in the desert so I always go outside and watch. My dogs think I am nuts....they are hiding under the furniture.

But once the storm clears the sun can come back out.
Yes, there is that risk but I don't let it spoil my enjoyment of a good storm. Tongue
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I like thunderstorms as well. One of my fondest memories is from weathering a severe storm in a tiny tent at 6500' in the Cascade range with some good friends.
Thunderstorms are very soothing to me. It's a mix of many things. The sound of the hammering of rain, the smell of ozone and water in the air, the deafening, sudden booms and the brilliant arcs of electricity soaring and splitting and forking throughout the sky. It is, in all possible ways, beautiful to me.

Truth be told I hate the sun. My eyes are very sensitive to bright light, and the sun shining right in them just bugs the crap out of me. ESPECIALLY when I'm driving. That's the WORST. I'd rather be driving in a deluge than driving during a cloudlessly sunny day with the sun RIGHT in my eyes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 456 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Snow Queen fairytale, whats the moral value of it? Woah0 2 307 August 20, 2022 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  First snow for the season. onlinebiker 31 2471 November 1, 2019 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  First significant snow 2018 onlinebiker 12 731 November 27, 2018 at 7:45 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Snow!!!!! Joods 36 3287 January 27, 2016 at 12:06 am
Last Post: Joods
  The day a snow storm hits florida dyresand 22 3224 June 8, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Rainbow Happiness and sunshine Longhorn 9 1106 April 21, 2015 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Longhorn
Rainbow Sunshine and rainbows feed the elusive cloud buffalos Violet 3 666 April 18, 2015 at 1:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What to know about snow? Tea Earl Grey Hot 27 5689 November 24, 2013 at 11:47 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Snow!!! Darwinian 45 7762 January 26, 2013 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Napoléon