Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Prayer Death
Prayer Death
http://news.uk.msn.com/world/article.asp...id=hotmail
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Prayer Death
That proves just how useless prayer is. No use praying to something that doesn't exist. I guess this is a good example of how religion can harm people. Instead of using proven medical help they use useless prayer instead.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Have you seen how Fox spun it? "A father was convicted because his daughter was sick".

Fair and balanced. yeah right.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Quote:Someone called an ambulance when she stopped breathing.

A day late and a dollar short.

One wonders why the other assholes who sat there watching her die weren't indicted as well? Clearly, at least one of them knew how to use a telephone.
(August 7, 2009 at 7:19 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Have you seen how Fox spun it? "A father was convicted because his daughter was sick".

Fair and balanced. yeah right.

Pfft, a daughter dead because her father was sick.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
The sad thing about this is that it proves people still think prayer works. Even after God didn't "save" that child from their sickness these idiots will still continue to pray.
(August 8, 2009 at 1:36 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Someone called an ambulance when she stopped breathing.

A day late and a dollar short.

One wonders why the other assholes who sat there watching her die weren't indicted as well? Clearly, at least one of them knew how to use a telephone.

They were waiting for God to tell them to pick up the phone and call. Looks like God was busy.
Didn't we just have this argument? Every time someone thanks god for something, and every time someone prays someone to death you guys jump all over it... I don't want to get back in it, just go read last weeks thread to see what I thought then...

-Pip
(August 10, 2009 at 9:15 pm)Pippy Wrote: Didn't we just have this argument? Every time someone thanks god for something, and every time someone prays someone to death you guys jump all over it... I don't want to get back in it, just go read last weeks thread to see what I thought then...

-Pip

It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks about it. It matters that the parents refused medical treatment for their sick child and ultimately it resulted in their death. They were not good parents and deserve to be held accountable. People cannot use God for a reason to kill someone. We have freedom of religion but when someones freedom to practice kills another person or harms another person then that's a legal issue and doesn't require explanations by those who practice that same faith. There is no excuse for what happened.
Quote:They were waiting for God to tell them to pick up the phone and call. Looks like God was busy.

Oddly, god being busy and god not existing seem to have equal results.
I guess he's been/not been busy not existing.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On the lunacy of prayer slartibartfast 100 5726 October 12, 2021 at 12:17 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  Global Prayer To End Atheism Foxaèr 60 7803 August 25, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A prayer to God ... ignoramus 10 1052 May 3, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question about prayer. purplepurpose 27 5727 October 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  What do you think prayer is? vulcanlogician 44 6127 February 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 63258 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Prayer Athena777 181 16455 December 13, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  is collective prayer any more effective? ReptilianPeon 65 8368 June 14, 2016 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  imprisonment, rioting, killing - over PRAYER drfuzzy 15 4011 October 31, 2015 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My thoughts on prayer dyresand 25 6049 October 14, 2015 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda