Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 8, 2024, 7:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality Debutant
Reality Debutant
Hello all,

I am Brakeman, Atheist baptist preacher's kid of 48 years or so. I was a forum rat at WWGHA until it decided to go down for unknown reasons, so I am searching for a new home. I live in West Columbia, SC and would love to hear from anyone who lives nearby, as my family is a recent transplant from east TN due to my work in the automotive brake industry. If you have any questions about brakes, I would be your man.

I am enjoying this forum, you guys are great..
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Reality Debutant
Welcome mate from Western Australia.... sorry, long way from you I'm afraid Sad
Hi also from sunny Western Australia.

I'm a heavy Diesel mechanic BTW

Badger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
48 son of a preacher, was this your dad?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmJati2W7uA0
welcome from blighty.
Howdy from DC! My husband is also an atheist and a preacher's kid, though his dad wasn't Baptist. Anyhoo, Welcome!
Hello from Germany! Where the rain burns through your face, the wine smells of piss and entertainment is finaced with nazi gold!

Never met a preachers boy before. Our nation is confessionaly divided between catholics and lutherans, with an additional 40% of the population being atheist/agnostic.
So one part rapes kids, the other despises sex as something evil and the other doesnt have preachers.
(November 15, 2012 at 8:31 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Hi also from sunny Western Australia.

I'm a heavy Diesel mechanic BTW
Badger

I worked for an Australian Brake company for 13 years. Ever heard of PBR brakes? They were based in Melborne. We were bought out in '08 by Bosch, then Sold off in '10.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(November 15, 2012 at 8:19 am)Brakeman Wrote: If you have any questions about brakes, I would be your man.

I am enjoying this forum, you guys are great..

Welcome aboard!

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Welcome, Brakeman.
Welcome to the club. Membership fees cost an eternity of hell and torture after death, but I reckon it's worth it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New Atheist, depressed, and wondering how to cope with reality. IanHulett 56 10874 February 21, 2015 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: goodwithoutgod