Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 1:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Game of the year 2012?
Your Game of the year 2012?
I am aware that the year is not jet over and alot of releases have jet to be made - and therefor games have to be bought and played to be judged.

But since the "christmas sales" have began already and therefor the most expected games of this year are out - I guess alot will have already played them and made up their views.
I have by now only played through Black Ops 2 and have jet to get Assassins Creed 3, Halo 4 and Far Cry 3.

But I guess I have already made up my mind, and no AC 3, Halo 4 or FC3 can change it.

My personal game of the year was Max Payne 3

And probably every year, when theres a release by Rockstar Games, their game is my absolut favorite. (Red Dead Redemption, L.A Noire)
Max Payne 2 is to me just a epic ending to the series which I have been playing from the beginning, and after Red Dead Redemption I thought of it as being impossible to tell a story through a game in a more thrilling and compelling way - and I was happy to be shown that I was wrong - one can literaly not stop playing until you see the end-credits. I think I have never seen a character who has been formed as gread as Max Payne. I like the new setting in Sao Paulo and the contrast created between the black and cheerless atmosphere of the favelas and the luxurious lifestyle of the rich.

And if it is true that every new GTA is influenced by previous rockstar releases, I cant wait to see the best of Red Dead Redemption, L.A Noire and Max Payne 3 in GTA 5.

Additionaly I love Rockstar for not giving a fuck about the christmas sales boom and releases it`s games in may.

plus: the game has a awsome soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw
RE: Your Game of the year 2012?
Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Probably Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS, but that is only because I haven't played many games that have come out this year... I tend to wait until games are cheap before I buy them.
Cunt
No mention of Skyrim? Wtf.
(November 24, 2012 at 2:27 pm)Napoléon Wrote: No mention of Skyrim? Wtf.

I was assuming that he just meant games that came out this year.
Cunt
I'm a bit behind on my titles, so for me it is Skyrim. Oh how I love bringing the dead back to life. As an added bonus; with all those zombies running around, there's not a sign of Jesus anywhere.
Guild Wars 2 Heart
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(November 24, 2012 at 2:31 pm)frankiej Wrote: I was assuming that he just meant games that came out this year.

My bad, I actually keep forgetting that skyrim is over a year old now.
(November 24, 2012 at 4:26 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(November 24, 2012 at 2:31 pm)frankiej Wrote: I was assuming that he just meant games that came out this year.

My bad, I actually keep forgetting that skyrim is over a year old now.

Yeah, before posting I had to double check when it came out... it really doesn't seem that long ago.
Cunt
Well, before I reached the end of it, it was going to be Mass Effect 3. Currently I'm undecided. I have to finish both Dishonored and Assassin's Creed 3 before I can make a final judgment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is/was your favorite arcade game? Angrboda 27 2063 August 12, 2023 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
Wink What do you plan on playing this year? Macoleco 7 1569 April 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  [Idea] Multiplayer Browser Based Game Where You Create Your Own Religion Tiberius 52 11425 June 4, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Its that time of year again dyresand 2 1037 December 19, 2014 at 9:40 am
Last Post: dyresand
  100-year-old Granny Stays Active with Nintendo DS Rayaan 6 4127 February 3, 2012 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Best games of this year. thebigfudge 5 2280 July 12, 2011 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Napoléon