Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hejsan!
Hejsan!
Alright, here it goes...

My name is Daniel, I'm 19 and I live in northern Sweden where I study computer graphics at university.

Being born into a family with no religious beliefs, I've never had any religion and frankly I've always thought that religion is just a bunch of BS (No offense).

I've always believed in science, reason and logic. And considering how illogical and full of "plot holes" religion is, well, the choice wasn't all that hard. Luckily for me, most swedes are without religious beliefs so I've never felt like "that kid in the corner". Instead almost everyone I know is an atheist or simply doesn't believe in a god.

So life as an atheist has been easy for me so far, which makes me feel very lucky when I've read thru som introductions here of people who have had to suffer for their right to think for themselves.

To be honest I'm not sure how I ended up on this forum but now I'm here and I'm looking forward to meeting some like-minded people. Big Grin
RE: Hejsan!
Välkommen! I love the people of Svergie! And I love Svergie!

Had a girlfriend in Göteburg when I was 18.
Welcome!

"Dax" as in the everybody's favorite Trill from Deep Space Nine?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(December 2, 2012 at 10:01 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Welcome!

"Dax" as in the everybody's favorite Trill from Deep Space Nine?

Thanks!

No, could be but it's because my last name is "Ax". Wink
I'm also Daniel, except that I'm clearly more handsome than you.

Welcome
(December 2, 2012 at 10:22 am)Daniel Wrote: I'm also Daniel, except that I'm clearly more handsome than you.

Welcome

No doubt, however I think that the "?" on my face is quite charming Wink
(December 2, 2012 at 10:26 am)Dax Wrote:
(December 2, 2012 at 10:22 am)Daniel Wrote: I'm also Daniel, except that I'm clearly more handsome than you.

Welcome

No doubt, however I think that the "?" on my face is quite charming Wink

Oh. Sorry. That was my fault.
[edit] Oh. I misread you. I thought you were talking about Daniel's face.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Greetings and salutations!

(December 2, 2012 at 10:42 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote:
(December 2, 2012 at 10:26 am)Dax Wrote: No doubt, however I think that the "?" on my face is quite charming Wink
Oh. Sorry. That was my fault.
[edit] Oh. I misread you. I thought you were talking about Daniel's face.
Technically he was...
Welcome.

I'm a graphic designer. :3
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Welkom
"Jesus is like an unpaid babysitter "
R. Gervais