Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a bit of help on an essay. . .
Need a bit of help on an essay. . .
First off, hi again. It's been a while since I posted. Second, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm writing a paper about atheism for my college English 102 class, and I need specific fundy arguments that I can quote.
I'm especially looking for. . .

Religious people wondering why atheists can't just all become Christian to make life easier.

Theists saying that atheists cause harm. (Degrading society's mores, causing crime, killing people by not praying, causing natural disasters, etc.)

Theists employing arguments from popularity.

You don't need to avoid bat-shittery or profanity. Adds to character. Cool Shades The more official/well known the source is, the better. However, anything would be fine.
If anyone can help me out, it'd be much appreciated.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
RE: Need a bit of help on an essay. . .
I just wanted to say thank you for not posting a questionnaire. We've been battered with those this week.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Here you'll find all the fundy crazy stuff you want, courtesy of our friendly fundy Drich:
https://atheistforums.org/search.php?act...&order=asc
(December 3, 2012 at 1:26 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: I just wanted to say thank you for not posting a questionnaire. We've been battered with those this week.

What is with people doing assignments on atheism? It's not even that interesting...

Tongue
(December 3, 2012 at 12:15 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(December 3, 2012 at 1:26 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: I just wanted to say thank you for not posting a questionnaire. We've been battered with those this week.

What is with people doing assignments on atheism? It's not even that interesting...

Tongue

No it, isn't, but a Muslim I know is doing one on why the Niqab should be legal in France. I was actually open to it at first, but after reading their ten page, self-loathing rant on why skin is bad, the French hate women, and wearing a Niqab is optional even though Islam commands it under pain of death, I feel I need to inject some sanity into the situation. I went into their persuasive thingy thinking that the Niqab should be legal, and left it quite sure that the French made the right choice by banning it. I don't think that's a very effective paper.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
Run a search for G-C's or Drippy's posts.

You'll find all the stupid fundie horseshit you need.
Here is one...they steal Christmas decorations or otherwise steal or deface objects with religious identity. These are probably immature teenagers with nothing better to do...the same that would otherwise tag public property. What might be considered odd is I am not aware of a person of color doing something like this...

Now on harm, atheism itself is not harmful. What is harmful are atheists who become anti-religious to the point it becomes a destructive habit, both self and outwardly...the outwardly was ugliest under Communist rule, but that had more to do with the elite trying to assert full control over the populace than it had to do with a concept of atheism.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(December 4, 2012 at 12:24 am)Polaris Wrote: Here is one...they steal Christmas decorations or otherwise steal or deface objects with religious identity. These are probably immature teenagers with nothing better to do...the same that would otherwise tag public property. What might be considered odd is I am not aware of a person of color doing something like this...

Now on harm, atheism itself is not harmful. What is harmful are atheists who become anti-religious to the point it becomes a destructive habit, both self and outwardly...the outwardly was ugliest under Communist rule, but that had more to do with the elite trying to assert full control over the populace than it had to do with a concept of atheism.

Well, I see I'm not going to be able to find any usable (terrible) quotes from you. Wink

Yeah - polecat thinks Stalin was a miserable bastard because he was an atheist...not because he was a communist.

But you know theists.....facts are a real problem for them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Essay about Atheism in Latin FlatAssembler 151 13148 September 9, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Gerals
  My essay about afterlife in Latin FlatAssembler 2 569 December 28, 2020 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Not Even A Little Bit Serious] Why AREN'T You An Atheist? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 3404 December 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Just a bit of advice please MattyVigilante 17 2521 March 1, 2018 at 4:09 am
Last Post: SaStrike
  I feel a bit relieved. Little Rik 238 23833 July 5, 2016 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Question Absolute Truth (I know, but I need some help) Spacetime 60 13219 October 3, 2015 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  On Defining Atheism: An Essay Manalive 46 9736 August 22, 2015 at 6:22 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  New video. Just a bit sarcastic. ;) smsavage32 36 9430 August 13, 2015 at 10:08 am
Last Post: brewer
  I need a lttle help with a few questions please Guesto123 17 3236 January 21, 2015 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: Natachan
  Need some help DIRTY_DEEDS_93 32 5113 December 30, 2014 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626