Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is black (or white) magic real?
Is black (or white) magic real?
[Image: photo-45538.jpg?_r=1348165614][Image: priest1.jpg]

No, no, not them. Before I say anything else, the obvious answer is no. Satanists (well,at least some) maintain that they are, but this thread is not about them. It is about this:

Exodus 22:18 (KJV) Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
Exodus 22:18 “Do not allow a sorceress to live.
What does it mean? What is a witch/sorceress? This is the word of god, supposedly infalliable, and yet it is claiming that witches/sorceresses actually exist. Let's see what it means.

So, I find myself on this page, and I click on the explanatory note for "sorceress", and it brings up this list, so I look at it and find these verses listed and do some research, and here is what I have found:
Deuteronomy 18:9-11
When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead.
So, here is another warning against sorcery. There are a number of passages warning against mediums and spiritualists, but we can assume that sorceresses (what about males?) can't actually do anything, right? But what about those spells?
Isaiah 47:9
Both of these will overtake you
in a moment, on a single day:
loss of children and widowhood.
They will come upon you in full measure,
in spite of your many sorceries
and all your potent spells.
Now this is unusual. The spells are referred to as 'potent', implying that actual witches exist, and can use magic. But is there an instance in the bible where a human performs outright magic? (as in, not miracles granted by god, but actual magic)

There is:

Exodus 7:11-12
Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts: 12 Each one threw down his staff and it became a snake. But Aaron’s staff swallowed up their staffs.
What does it all mean? I know what the atheists will say, but what do you theists think? Was there once a time when humans could use magic? And can we still use that power today? (if not, then why not?)
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
RE: Is black (or white) magic real?
Ah, the famous Battle of the Dragons at Pharoahs court.

Try Young's for this one..I love it, fuck all the snake nonsense.....monsters!

Now, as an interesting note, some apologists will tell you that the "witch" in question is more accurately a poisoner or an assassin....and that this is the compelling reason for the charge. With regards to the battle royale at the court of pharoah you'll hear some grumblings about how the "magicians" used tricks -magic isn't real, you see....except Aaron's magic (their magic)- and that shit is as serious as dick cancer....

On a more sane note, it just means that the people who authored these fairy tales believed in and were suspicious of/hostile to sorcerers, witches, oracles and the like. Not exactly uncommon for the time, or for human beings in general.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Magic ain't real no matter what colour it is.
Darkstar = racist bastard!
(December 6, 2012 at 2:03 pm)John V Wrote: Darkstar = racist bastard!

Is he?
why?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Are you going into 'vinny' mode?
It's not the magic that is real. It's the Denomic forces that one invites in that is.
How do those demonic forces accomplish their task Drich? What are demonic forces composed of to begin with...and how did they come to be again?

Magic, magic.....oh, and magic.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 6, 2012 at 2:18 pm)Drich Wrote: It's not the magic that is real. It's the Denomic forces that one invites in that is.

It's always nice to be reminded that there are adults out there who really do believe in childish fantasies.

Nice one Drich.
(December 6, 2012 at 2:05 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:

Is he?
why?
Differentiating between black and white magic. I would think you enlightened atheist types would be color blind regarding it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just how pervasive is white supremacy among Christians? Whateverist 36 4064 August 20, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How the black man embraced Christianity Foxaèr 48 7825 July 10, 2018 at 5:53 am
Last Post: Amarok
  So Bible rules don't apply to rich white people Fake Messiah 42 11164 March 19, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Black people and christianity rado84 40 7008 February 1, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Dafuq ? Jesus ain't WHITE ? vorlon13 30 6057 December 14, 2015 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Heat
  Magic: The Gathering KevinM1 12 4352 July 21, 2015 at 4:38 am
Last Post: abaris
  Does God only work through Magic? Drich 89 12337 June 24, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Did your church use pictures of a white european jesus? Brakeman 46 8007 February 27, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  God: No magic required lweisenthal 166 42193 February 26, 2015 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  THE BLACK HEBREW ISRAELITES!! Duke Guilmon 3 2266 April 25, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: truthBtold